Can someone help with this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help with this problem?

One of my sites appears to be OK when displaying the first three products on the page, then on the fourth, the display side bar disappears, leaving the display looking awful.

Any help would be appreciated.

See:-
    http://www.sticksuk.com/acatalog/Bra...hing_Bags.html

David
    -----------------------------
    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Sure its exactly the same product template at the second one?

Change it to the opposite template, that will let you know if its the product itself or the template.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Hi George,

Thank you for this. I changed the template (Twice) and still finished up the same unfortunately.

Anyone else able to help, please?

David

Comment

Therefore it should be the product. Create it again (not copy and paste) and delete the one you have (you can always un-delete later). Might be worth purging cat, and compacting databases maybe. I've had this issue before.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

This looks to me like what happens when you start using <table> tags within the product template.

Like the others say, check you have not added stray tags or even a deliberate <table> tag as this will change the sequence of rows that the templates use.

And there it is:

</td></tr></table> </FORM> on the product before Brady Fishing Rods that stretches. That </table> tag does not feature on any of the other products.
          http://www.johnsons-seeds.com - Actinic plugins, remote add to cart and custom CMS
          http://www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk - More seeds and plants....
          http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk - Well it used to be Actinic...

Comment

Hi George,

Have tried the opposite template, but still the problem remains.

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, this problem does appear on other pages and excuse me if I'm wrong, but the other products on that page appear to have the same table tags etc.

I cannot recall altering any of the tags in that particular page. But I'm not past having many senior moments, except knowing when my pension is due

It seems to me that the 'Sidebar' put in by Actinic is not stretching beyond either two or three products, allowing the products to span the whole width of the screen.

Any further help would be much appreciated.

David

Comment

David,
              I've had a vrey brief look but after scanning your source code I would point the finger at the first or/and the second products.
              Their layout shows a colspan of 2 when the rest of the products have a colspan of 3.
              I would check there are no different product templates for your first product as this is where the problem begins.
              By the time it gets to the 4th product the table tags on the page are messed up and out of step hence a browser displays the table as corrupt and pushes it to full screen width.
              Hope this helps
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Fergus,

Thank you for this information. I have tried every which way to change round templates and still the problem persists!

What I find rather strange is the fact that this site is similar to another site of mine using the same templates and the other site works OK. Tres bizarre what!

The other site is - http://www.smithscountrypursuits.co....hing_Bags.html

I have tried to look at the Default Primary Template as this displays the side bar, which appears to stop short after the addition of two or three products.

Any other help, please?

David

Comment

Hi David

If this does not happen on your other site, i would compare the both default primary template. It would be easier for you to open the template up in Dreamweaver and see the 3rd table which is giving you the problem.
                  The first table should be for the logo, the second table is for the simple search and the last table is where the sidebar and bulk area goes. Check this table please.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                  X