Disabling/changing order numbers????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling/changing order numbers????

Is it possible to disable order numbers on the order receipt? Reason being is that we will not be using Actinic to actually process the orders and we wish to contact customers and give them an order number generated by our in-house order processing system. At the moment the order receipt page and email states that the order number given is just a preliminary number and that the real order number will be supplied seperatly. If disabling is not possible is there a way of making the actinic order number shorter?

Any ideas very much appreciated

You'll need to edit a template called 'Act_Order04.html' which is in your 'Site1' (or equivalent) folder.

Find the code that reads:

<TR>
    <TD BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTEM" CLASS="actxsmall"><B>NETQUOTEVAR:ORDERNUMBERTEXT</B></TD>
    <TD BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG" COLSPAN=2 CLASS="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:THEORDERNUMBER</TD>
    </TR>

and comment it out with <!-- and --> marks either side to hide the order number from appearing in the receipt.

Comment

Thanks for that, but......................

.......................this only disables the order number in the on-screen receipt, not the receipt email.

I realise that I can delete

Order Number: <Actinic:ORDER_NUMBER/>

from Act_CustomerEmail.txt

but how can i change the subject field of the email (it currently shows the order number)?

thanks

Comment

You need to edit the Perl for this one.

Open Actinic.pm in your site folder in Notepad and search for '$sSubjectText'. The fifth (and last) instance of it will be in a line that says:

unless (print MYSOCKET "Subject: $sSubjectText\r\n") # subject

Change to this to read something like

unless (print MYSOCKET "Subject: This is a Subject\r\n") # subject $sSubjectText

This will affect all emails - including ones sent by the Actinic desktop order processing system.

Actinic is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder.

Comment

I am using Norman Rouxel's fantastic mail patch, but.....

......If I change the 5th instance of $sSubjectText to my desired subject then it stops the file merge from working when the 'upload changes' is performed.

Norman, if you read this could you possibly shed any light on the matter, or better still, give me a solution?

Comment

[code]
            Look in you Normanified Actinic.pm for the line:-

# use systems sendmail program

Immediately above this add the lines:-

if ( $sSubjectText =~ /^Order Number/ ) # hide order number
            {
            $sSubjectText = 'Thank you for your order';
            }

[code]

Thiss will replace all subject lines starting Order Number with Thank you for your order. You can, of course change the 'Thank you for your order' bit.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you Norman.

I wont be back on location until Monday but will make the change then and report back to this thread and hopefully close it.

Marc

Comment

Whoops. Patch wasn't presented right.

Code:

Look in you Normanified Actinic.pm for the line:- 

# use systems sendmail program 

Immediately above this add the lines:- 

if ( $sSubjectText =~ /^Order Number/ ) # hide order number 
                { 
                $sSubjectText = 'Thank you for your order'; 
                }
                Thiss will replace all subject lines starting Order Number with Thank you for your order. You can, of course change the 'Thank you for your order' bit.

Norman
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Success!!!

Thanks to Norman and Chris for superb support.

Comment

Working...
                  X