Updating same files every time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating same files every time

A few months ago Actinic started doing this, I think after I upgraded our version 6 to the latest patch as instructed.

Every time I update, it seems to update the files it needs to then it seems to update all of the section HTML files, the main sections and sub sections. This happens everytime I Update even if they haven't changed changed or anything in that section hasn't changed. Is there anyway I can fix this? I want to avoid doing a complete refresh just for this as it would take ages.

Cheers.

Also I am currently experiencing another problem. Before I used to get an error message when updating telling me the connection to the server was reset, I used to hit retry then the message would appear again telling me it may be due to permissions or disk space, manually check the Acatalog folder. I have space available on the server though. I'd then click retry and it would continue to update no problems, and actually carry on a bit quicker, this would happen every update.

We have just moved over to Broadband and so far I haven't been able to complete an update. It will chug along and eventually freeze up on any file and I have to end task and try again. Is this caused by what was happening before? It's very annoying, I can't seem to update.

Comment

My Actinic has managed to complete an update today after about 2 1/2 hours and 5 or so attempts! It's mainly due to this problem of uploading all these HTML files. During the update I got some messages, slightly different from what I used to get as mentioned in the above post.

First I got connection timed out. I hit retry and got:
      "An error occurred while writing to 'Acatalog' on the website. The problem is probably due to permissions problems but could be due to low disk space. Actinic Ecommerce cannot work with these settings. Press cancel if you would like to manually examine the permissions and disk space on the website. Press retry if you would like Actinic Ecommerce to attempt to change the permissions on the directory for you."

I clicked retry as I usually do with that error and it carried on. Later I got another one saying:
      "Unable to connect to FTP server <then stated the FTP address> The Operation timed out"

I clicked retry and it carried on and eventually completed the update.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

Comment

The problem here is either your connection or your hosting company

is it a standalone PC?
        do you have a firewall?
        who is your host?
        who is your ISP?
        what are your network settings?

Comment

PC is on a network. It has been fine before, even before we switched to Broadband I used to get the problem. I did a connection test and it said ebverything was working fine. We use ViaNetworks. When the error said permission settings or disk space, I wondered whether there is a minimum amount of server space that Actinic requires to update successfully. If it was permissions problems, surely it wouldn't update at all.

We have 25mb of space free on the server, but we are currently waiting for some more to go on, so I was going to have a look at it when that was all ready.

I'm unaware of specific details concerning the firewall, what settings would cause problems?

Comment

Hi there

If you are running 6.1.5 EGRA, then check in "Advance | Network Setup" if "Enhanced FTP" is ticked. If it is ticked and you have tried to upload and it fails, then please check your site folder. There should be a log file here called "ActinicFTP_n.log".
            Where n represents a number. Please could you attach the log onto this thread, so i can take a look into it. The log contains the ftp commands of when Actinic is trying to upload to your server.
            If you don't have "Use Enhanced FTP" ticked, then please tick it and try to upload.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

I uploaded yesterday and it got near the end after a couple of hours and froze again. So I closed it down set it off again and it eventually finished the update. Enhanced FTP wasn't checked so I am currently updating with that option checked and will let you know what happens.

Can anyone help with the problem of always uploading the section HTML files? It's really annoying as it takes a while especially with the "Freezing up" problem I'm having, and theres no need for them to always be uploaded, so I can't figure it out.

Comment

Hi Nick,

Have you checked your permission on the website, make sure the /acatalog/ folder has a permission of 777. Also i see you are on a network, are you connected through a router? If so, is it a netgear router? Check out the following thread, which some other client are experiencing issues with.
                Changing the MTU to 1500 has helped them, so if you are using a netgear router, change this value.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Right, started an update using Enhanced FTP setting. It got to about 25% done and I got the following messages:

"The operation timed out" ( I clicked retry and got it again, clicked retry again and got..)

"There is already an FTP request in progress in this session"

I clicked retry and got "The operation timed out" and again "There is already an FTP request in progress in this session" So I clicked cancel and got the following:
                  "Failed to upload using FTP, select continue to upload using HTTP"

So I clicked continue and it carried on, a lot quicker! I got a message saying:

"Gateway timeout error, server too busy, try again later" I clicked continue and it carried on ok for a bit then I got the same message again, and everytime I clicked continue, it reappeared, so I clicked cancel and the update terminated. I have attached my FTP Log.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just to let you know the permissions is already set at 777. I'm not sure about the router, I will have to check that out.

Comment

Just an update on this. We have managed to sort out our connection problems, not sure exactly what was going on but we managed to fix it. It now updates fine on our new broadband connection and server. I am still however experiencing the original problem. When I "Update" the website it sends all of the HTML files instead of just the things it needs to. I have just completed a full web refresh today as well so everything has been uploaded from scratch and it is still doing it. I don't know why. Any ideas?

Comment

Hi Nick,

I would recommend in checking your /acatalog/ folder to see if the permission is set to 777.

Kind Regards
                        Nadeem Rasool
                        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi
                          Thanks for the reply. The folder's permissions is 777. Do you think it would help if I deleted the catalogue files (.cat) from the site1 folder and got actinic to generate new ones and then upload them across using my FTP?
                          Cheers.

Comment

When I "Update" the website it sends all of the HTML files instead of just the things it needs to. I have just completed a full web refresh today as well so everything has been uploaded from scratch and it is still doing it. I don't know why. Any ideas?
                            So i take it you complete a full refresh then perform an update and it uploads all the HMTL files again.

There are a few things you can check:

- Server and local time - make sure correct
                            - cgi-bin permissions (755)
                            - Delete the content of MergeFileState and FileList within ActinicCatalog.mdb (backup first)

Any joy with those?
                            Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

The first two are fine.

If I delete the content of those two things you suggested, what will that do? Will it want to upload everything again (refresh)?

Comment

Working...
                              X