Losing Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Sales

I have noticed recently an abnormal amount of aborted sales. i.e. Payment Service Provider Pending. It would appear that the invoice address (your address) is being passed to Protx as the delivery address only. This obviously is then causing protx some confusion and then timing out etc causing the customer to give up.

I am not 100% certain whether this is a new thing or has always been there and the successful orders are those where customers have completed both the invoice and delivery address details.

Obviously this is very concerning as losing customers in this fashion is not only frustrating but also costly.

I have another site with protx using Roman Cart which is NOT experiencing the same problems - any assisatnce or confirmation that this may be a Protx issue would be greatfully welcomed.

Cheers
    Martin

SITE LINK

Have switched temporarily to allow "invoice address" only which seems to have solved problem at present but there must be something wrong somewhere.
    Last edited by martinh; 19-Apr-2005, 11:29 PM. Reason: Update
    Now in the process of actinicing this site <a href="http://www.shop4windowfilms.co.uk" target="_blank">Here</a>.

Hi there,

This issue should not really be causing the timeout issue. When i checked your site error log i see where the timing out is coming from. Its looks like your SMTP server is advising the following:

SMTP Authentication is not supported by this server!
    I would check with the hosting company regarding this, or simply go to "Advance | Network Setup" and in the "Email Settings", untick "Username and Password Required".

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem but I had already done that to resolve a previous issue. The arrors in the log are all from before it began to be a problem.

I am at present talking to protx about whether the problem is at their end as opposed to what is actually being posted to their system. They seem to be blaming it on the DDOS attacks they are currently subjected to (an easy get out if you ask me !!) but I have proven to them that it was occuring before these events.

All I really need to know is:

1. If it is possible for an invoice only Actinic Cart to post the invoice address as a delivery address ?

2. If it is possible for an invoice and delivery address Actinic Cart to post only the delivery address ?

3. If it is possible for and invoice and delivery address Actinic Cart to post the invoice address as the delivery address
      Now in the process of actinicing this site <a href="http://www.shop4windowfilms.co.uk" target="_blank">Here</a>.

Comment

Hi Martin

1. If it is possible for an invoice only Actinic Cart to post the invoice address as a delivery address ?
        1. This can be achieved, if you simply take away the ability for the client to enter an delivery address. you should then see the delivery address is the same as the invoice address.

2. If it is possible for an invoice and delivery address Actinic Cart to post only the delivery address ?
        Not possible I'm afraid.

3. If it is possible for and invoice and delivery address Actinic Cart to post the invoice address as the delivery address
        Again i would say this is not possible.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks

That's all I need to know because it has happened again today - it is obviously PROTX.

Comment

I am getting the same problem although I didnt know what was causing it.

I will need to have a look to see if this is the same for my website, I take it you just checked the failed orders to see if someone has completed a delivery address ?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Froogle
              I am getting the same problem although I didnt know what was causing it.

I will need to have a look to see if this is the same for my website, I take it you just checked the failed orders to see if someone has completed a delivery address ?

thanks
              That's exactly right - although I have restricted customers to only entering an invoice address it is appearing in Protx as a delivery address only. Obviously this is causing the payment page to hang and/or abort.

I have been away on business for two days so have not had the opportunity to hassle protx so if you get a reply first can you let me know please?

Comment

Working...
              X