Order Detail E-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Detail E-mail

Can anyone suggest a way to receive an e-mail when an order is placed that contains the product codes that the customer ordered? Also if possible the order total would be useful.

I seem to recall that we got this working in v5, but I can't for the life of me work out how to do it in v7 (7.02), and my v5 backups are long gone.

Any suggestions gratefully received

If you enter your own email address under | Business Settings | Ordering | Send Receipt Email to | this will send you a copy of what the customer has ordered, delivery address etc.. bar the payment details

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      If you enter your own email address under | Business Settings | Ordering | Send Receipt Email to | this will send you a copy of what the customer has ordered, delivery address etc.. bar the payment details
      Already done that, and it doesn't

We just get the order number and the date. No order details. Actually looking at it, it seems that we don't get the receipt e-mail at all.

I've just noticed that we have two addresses there, separated by a space. Maybe it needs to be a comma?

Thanks for your reply

Comment

No, it's definitely a space. The e-mail we get is as follows:

Code:
        Dear *********,

Thank you for shopping blah blah blah.

We have received and are processing the following order:

Order Number: ABCD**********
        Order Date:   18 April 2005 19:43 GMT

We will notify you by e-mail when the order has been despatched.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

etc. etc. etc.

Comment

That's very odd.
          I get copy customer emails too and it does give the item short descriptions for what has been ordered, along with a total.
          Do note, however, that it does NOT give the product references (which would be really handy!)

Ours are as follows

Dear Mr Whoever,

Thank you for shopping at Budget Bumps .
          We have received and are processing the following order:

Order Number: MBxxxx
          Order Date: 20 April 2005 08:52 GMT

Ship To:
          Mr Whoever
          Whereever
          United Kingdom

Invoice To:
          Mr Whoever
          Somewhere else

Shopping Cart (Prices in British Pounds)
          DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Twin Raincover 1 £15.00 £15.00
          (side-by-side/3 wheel)
          ======================================================================
          Subtotal: £15.00
          UK Shipping. Please note. Budget Bumps do not ship ou £1.00
          Total: £16.00

Sincerely,
          blah blah

I looked into it shpwing product references before and apparently I'd need them displaying online for that which I don't want.
          I is strange that you get such a brief email though, I'm sure someone will have encountered this before, sorry I couldn't help in that respect.
          Tracey
          Tracey

Comment

Found it.

It's all held within Act_CustomerEmail.txt, so you can modify this at your leisure. I have now changed ours, and it looks as if all of that detail is held within the <Actinic:CART/> variable.

It definitely includes the product reference in ours, and I can't see a way to drill down into the CART variable to get at each of the product lines themselves.

I'll persevere though, although I don't think I'll get very far

Just looked, and ours shows "REFERENCE DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST", which mirrors what we've got on screen.

Messy though with the proportional spacing within the e-mail itself

Comment

Actually, I've just reverted back to the original we had as above, because the <Actinic:CART/> variable just looks so messy in the customer's e-mail.

I'd rather the customer got a nice neat e-mail showing the date and time of the order than one containing an unjustified block of messy text in the middle representing the cart contents

Comment

Working...
              X