Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webfusion.co.uk

Hi all,

Im currently looking at the hosting plans offered by the above. I would like to host my actinic shop and also a vbulletin forum (just like this one). The Actinic questions have been answered but my questions about vbulletin could not be answered either by webfusion or any one of the many many isp's I have contacted.

The question is about 'php mail', the script used by this forum to send emails to members and some hosts will not support it for some bizarre reason. Im waiting for an email reply from webfusion but in the meantime thought I would ask here ?

Fasthosts do not support php mail, I found out the hard way

Regards

Mick
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Pinbrook hosting includes PHP support and it has PHPBB ready with a click of a button.

One word about webfusion is, yes they are cheap, but they cram their servers, hence your site may run quite slow.

It may be an idea to ask others what they think of webfusion.

Comment

Thanks pinbrook,

For my own reasons I will not use phbbb.
      Thanks for the warning about Webfusion, its very difficult to make the right choice these days and my ultimate goal would be a dedicated server but cannot justify the cost yet.

Cheers

Mick
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Why not have a look at a perl solution. I have one on my site.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

had a look at the egyptian wonders site. Nice, and liked the forum - did you buy the script or write it yourself?
          p.s image "hurry along to Egyptian Wonders" was missing?

Anf
          Anf
          New Year - new YOU!
          (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I am only prepared to use vbulletin, wont go into lengthy detail in here.
            Just read some very negative reviews about webfusion so my search continues.................
            Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

We have all you require running at webfusion with no problems.

We recently got an e-mail asking us to update forums as they could be comprimised due to the scripting.
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks Gary,

With regards to 'bad' reviews there seems to be something 'bad' said about everybody at some stage.

Do you have a large mysql db running and have you had any useage warnings ?

Cheers

Mick
                Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Webfusion booted us of a shared server due to server load when we had about 100 users on our forum (vbulletin), we had to move to a dedicated with them, including all the add ons it was £950ish a month and wasnt that reliable,
                  We now have a dedicated server with someone else that is located in the Webfusion datacentre, much cheaper and faster and more reliable. We now have 1200 odd members in the community and along with the actinic site use 60+GB a month, definately worth shopping around.

Comment

Working...
                  X