Help/comments please - new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help/comments please - new site

I have at last completed my new site with my first attempt at Actinic, and I think it works OK except for the WorldPay bit - waiting for secret code. Please could people have a look and comment on the site? (Please don't suggest too many improvements that are beyond a raw beginner, but I will try...!)

I am particularly keen to know if it displays OK on various machines/different browsers/different speeds, etc. I am concerned that the Aromatherapists section tables pages may take a while to load.

The test URL is at www.treatmentgels.co.uk

Thanks in advance for any help (and thanks to 4sure for coping with my inexperience - they were recommended on this board and have been very good)

Anthea
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Looks fine to me. Not very well optimised but I guess you will be doing that next.

Table loaded quickly on 1Mb connection
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks Gary. But I don't know how to optimise or I would do it next?

Anf
      Anf
      New Year - new YOU!

Comment

That looks good and the Aromatherapy tables look fine under IE 6.

Might I suggest that you ask one of the mods to kindly move your post to the Any Other Business section . . . you'll probably get a better response there seen as your asking people about design and not a specific Actinic 7 related issue.
        David
        Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

Very nice design. The design is within keeping of the products too.

Only one negative comment, your info box on shipping costs, - I would have the overseas costs clearly stated somewhere rather than making people find out the cost in the checkout.

some people won't enter the checkout to find out the cost just in case they end up buying by mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
            Very nice design. The design is within keeping of the products too.

Only one negative comment, your info box on shipping costs, - I would have the overseas costs clearly stated somewhere rather than making people find out the cost in the checkout.

some people won't enter the checkout to find out the cost just in case they end up buying by mistake!
            Thanks Jo, I agree, and I will try and work out a better way of showing the info - at the moment the costs are all based on genuine postage, so it depends how much is bought and what it weighs. Would you suggest it would be better to charge broader flat-rate bands I could put in a pop-up?

ps I do like the way Actinic has no VAT, etc automatically calculated by destination.
            pps Gary - sorry, am exhausted, and to me optimising meant "load faster". I presume you mean meta tags, etc? That's tonights homework task!!!

Anf
            Last edited by anf1y; 20-Apr-2005, 12:54 PM. Reason: pps
            Anf
            New Year - new YOU!

Comment

Hi Anf,

just viewed using Firefox and all seems OK. Very good use of quality images on the homepage and the alphabetical "symptoms" list works very well... nice looking site with lots of product info

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for that Jont. It is a really big help to have an "outside" view of something I can no longer "see" because all I can now see is the template used, etc!
                Anf
                New Year - new YOU!

Comment

Hi Anf
                  Your site looks great - I tried to order something and although your site said free shipping within UK I was charged £5.95. I also sent you an email through contacts page. Let me know if this is correct.
                  Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil
                    I tried to order something and although your site said free shipping within UK I was charged £5.95.
                    Thanks for that Sue. It does seem really odd that the postage is going funny - will post as a question on the board as I can't seem to solve it and the "system" should be controlling it, not me.

Anf
                    Anf
                    New Year - new YOU!

Comment

Working...
                    X