Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 7.0.3

Is it safe to upgrade to this version.

I am still using v7.0.1 and find this pretty stable and as we have a lot of sites to upgrade (still can't do one only) in Developer I was wondering if it's:

a. safe
    b. of any benefit
    c. will cause problems

TIA
    Owner of a broken heart

I'm new to the whole Actinic thing (2 months) and the upgrade was a doddle. I even imported a 7.0.2 catalogue and it updated that too, which was nice. Haven't had any problems, but haven't noticed anything spectacularly different. Then again, i've not had any major problems or niggles yet.

The changelist/changelog should swing you if you're in doubt - it'll list all the amendments and updates for that patch.

New software > old software

Ryan

Comment

Should have bumped this up a bit and waited for a reply.

Upgraded to 7.0.3 and imported a 7.0.1. snapshot only to have all my primary templates overwritten without prompting by the Site Upgarder.

2nd attempt at importing snapshot
      It looked fine in the couple of seconds before the upgrader started and was fine when the upgrader ran.

Woobly few moments there
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

i'm stuck with 7.01 because there is a bug in 7.02 (not yet fixed in 7.03) which affected me releasing snapshots.

Comment

Jo I would rather have stayed with 7.0.1 as I find it stable enough and not too many problems _Underscores_is_the_only_Thing. I have 1 client with a large site we developed so I would like to keep them happy.

I took snapshots of other sites upgraded and have now uninstalled 7.0.3. and went back to 7.0.1

Which bug are you reffereing to?
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of upgrading to 7.03 (maybe even 7.04) until I came across this thread. Now I'm undecided.

Jo and Gary, are you still on 7.01?

Does anyone else have any views regarding this upgrade? Problems I can do without at the moment.

Myles
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

I'm on 7.02 - mainly because I always stay several steps behind to keep my life easy! I have no plans to go to 3 or 4 at present. I'm waiting for the next stable patch before I upgrade.

There always seems to be a pattern with patches ie several unstable then then a good one.

Comment

Sounds like an excellent strategy Jo,

Although this thread is causing concern for me at the moment.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...omvar+problems

Myles
                www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
                X