Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Display top bar links on all pages + logo link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display top bar links on all pages + logo link?

Hi,
    I have 2 questions which I hope someone can help with.

Firstly, can I make the top links i.e. contact us, terms etc always visible on every page? During the add to cart and checkout process they disappear - along with some of the side boxes and some graphics from the side boxes. Is that meant to happen?

Also, how can I add a link to my logo image in the top left corner. I found the line in act_primary.html I think:
    <td align="left" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS">
    NETQUOTEVAR:LOGOIMAGE
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

I tried wrapping the netquote line in the <a href tags but nothing happened.

Thanks
    Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Hi,

I would like the answer to these questions also, so would very much appreciate a (simple!) reply. It is a shame that Actinic does not automatically offer these options as standard as they are both very fundamental usability issues for all web sites. It is now very much normal practice that clicking on the logo takes you to the home page, and a standardised top line navigation which does not change while the user is browsing the site makes for much easier navigation. The second factor seems to be a particular problem for many Actinic sites I have looked at, as brochure pages are suddenly not part of the navigation once the store has been entered. I know this is possible but (using the Smart theme) I have not yet managed to work out how to do it.

Regards,
    Susan.
    Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
    Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Had a better look at it, and making the logo image into a link is not difficult. You need to change Act_Primary and Act_BrochurePrimary. Locate NETQUOTEVAR:LOGOIMAGE and surround it as follows (assuming you want the link to go back to your site home page):

<a href=http://your_url/index.html>

NETQUOTEVAR:LOGOIMAGE

</a>

Susan.
      Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
      Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Go to the Advanced User guide
        locate the definitions for NETQUOTEVAR:NAVxxxx (my copy page 157)

use these variables instead of NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERGUIDE (in Act_primary and act_brochure_primary)

you now have control over the navigation buttons/links

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks got the logo link working.

Thanks for the Footguide info, the NETQUOTEVAR list starts on page 133 in the latest advanced guide. Just going through it now.
          Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

Working...
          X