Command Line driven Snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command Line driven Snapshot

I was wondering if it is possible to run the snapshot export within Actinic from the command line or a batch file.

The reason is I use, and operate, a remote backup solution. We have the ability to run command line scripts or program files at the start of the backup process. Being able to call the system to do the snapshot then back it up to our off site servers, with the added ability to roll back during a development process is very attractive.
    We would ideally be able to run it for individual sites or all sites and from different versions. This could just me multiple command lines in a batch file.

Any help on this would be much appreciated

David
    David Cunningham

www.truska.com
    -----------------------------
    ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Hi David,

I'm afraid there is no command line for exporting a snapshot, only exporting the orders. It is a good idea which would be useful for backing up purposes. I will put this on the wishlist, so hopefully this will come in a later version.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem

Thanks - It would a useful feature so adding it to the wish list would be great.

Should be a fairly easy addition I would guess so hopefully it will be accepted and we won't have to wait to long.

I will watch out for it in future releases.

David
      David Cunningham

www.truska.com
      ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

Automated backups for Actinic

Backup site1 directory.

I lost the whole lot but fortunatey had a site1 folder backed up. Reinstalled Actinic and pasted the backed up folder into site1. Seemless!!

How to:
        paste this into a task scheduler New Task
        (obviously change the folders to suit):
        xcopy "C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\*.*" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Backups\Actinic\Site1\*.*" /y /e /c /k /q

schedule it to run at 2am and forget about it. While you're at it, copy your outlook.pst and other critical files.

Also, a nice bit of housekeeping every few months is to open ActinicCatalog.mdb in Access and select Tools/Database Utilities/Compact and Repair database. Similarly, repeat for backup.mdb and previous.mdb. Mine shrunk from 50Mb each to 13Mb.

Works well for me but if you're unsure stay away!!!!!

Ideally, plan backups to separate logical drives to avoid most virus attacks or better still a slave/network drive. Oh, and backup your C:\WINDOWS\Tasks folder as well

Also, while I'm on subject Trend Pc-cillin is best virus software I've used.
        chilled but never frosty

Comment

Now with Ver 8 has the ability to run a snapshot from the command line being included? I have seen no reference to it yet but have not read and tried everything yet.
          Regards
          David Cunningham

www.truska.com

Comment

Hi David

This feature has not been included in v8 I'm afraid. Sorry about that.

Comment

Any chance of it being added in the furture - can it be submitted to the "Wanted List"?

It would make backing up more full proof where backup software can actually run command line scripts as part of the backup process ensuring backups (up-to-date snapshots) are taken every time a backup is done.

Regards
              David Cunningham

www.truska.com

Comment

MoleEnd has a neat little tool that backups up the mdb file at any given time period, it just runs i nthe background

Comment

It's free as well - what a bargain :-)

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                  X