PayPal : return to my site not possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal : return to my site not possible

I have posted this on the Ecommerce board with no response as yet, so I thought I would try here.
    I am testing my new site and trying out payment methods. If I go to PayPal, I have to abort as it isn't in test mode and would cost me money. However, the browser back button takes me back to the site, and promptly actions the PayPal selection again, so I end up in a loop! Is this an Actinic problem or a PayPal one? I suspect it's something in my coding, but don't know where to look (or even how to mend it!) - eg should I switch off the onclick or something?

Any help much appreciated!

Anf
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Not sure about the problem in question but, if you do a Paypal purchase transaction and then refund it IN FULL, your charges are refunded also so it ultimately won't cost you anything to test it. Actually, even if you do a partial refund, it refunds you the fees on that portion of the transaction.
    Perhaps the big bank card processors could learn something from that, eh?
    Just thought I'd let you know!
    Tracey
    Tracey

Comment

Thanks for that refunding info Tracey - I will try that to test the functionality. But I still need to find out why the PayPal button seems to stay selected - if shoppers are anything like me, they are bound to want to go backwards at the last minute!
      Anf
      Anf
      New Year - new YOU!
      (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Hi Anthea

Just commented to your other thread on: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=13637

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X