Using Simple Search with Custom Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Simple Search with Custom Properties

I would very much appreciate it if anyone could help me here.

I have set up a Custom Property called PRODUCTWORDS using Advanced | Custom Properties. When I choose a product, this property can be found okay in the properties tab. In the value field I then type in a number of words, separated by spaces, that a customer might use to find the product, where these words are not already in the title or Short or Full Description fields. The "searchable" box is ticked for the property.

In View | Search Settings I have included the Custom Property under the Searchable Properties tab.

Having got this far, I cannot get the search to work When I use any of these words I get no positive search results, so it looks like they are being ignored. I'm sure I must be missing something, but can't for the life of me figure out what it is. The web site can be found at www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk

As I said, help on this subject would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Susan.
    Last edited by SusanF; 23-Apr-2005, 07:48 PM. Reason: Addition
    Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
    Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

If you can't get that to work here's another simple way to add hidden keywords to your products. In the product description type

!!<<noscript>>!!hidden keywords here!!<</noscript>>!!

This won't show on the site but will be indexed. Strictly - it will show on non-JavaScript browsers but that's a rarity.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman. That is a much simpler way to achieve what I want, as I'm already using scripting in the Long Description area anyway, so I can just add in any extra keywords at the end of the script. And it works perfectly too!

I would like to know if Custom Property values can be searched using the Simple Search, so if anyone can shed light on this I'd still like to hear it.

Susan.
      Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
      Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Hi Susan,

I'm afraid custom properties is only intended to be used for the Advance search. You cannot use this for the simple search. The simply search, just searches on the short description on a product, as well as the long description.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X