Froogle Data Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froogle Data Feed

I tried to create a Froogle data feed today and have found the following problems:
    1. All of my links in the file start with "https:" instead of "http:". My site is set to only use SSL for checkout pages and customer login only. The Froogle data feed portion must be assuming SSL for everything.
    2. Many of the product links are specified as http://www.sunclothingetc.com/acatalog/index.html and do not point to the actual product page.
    3. I use components and attributes to allow the customer to select sizes, colors, etc. for the products they are purchasing. The Froogle data feed appears to create a separate item for evry color and size combination that exists. I am sure that is not what is intended for people that use Actinic in this way.
    These were items I identified by a quick look at the data file. I am interested to know if others are having these same problems or if I might be doing something wrong.
    Thanks,
    Roger Carr
    <A href="http://www.sunclothingetc.com" target="_blank">www.sunclothingetc.com</a>

I found that it also includes products with a price of zero and doesn't work for sites that have $ as the second currency.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I'll flag both these up to the development team and see if I can get some input.

Comment

Thanks Chris.
        I checked my file and also found many items with a price of $0 (USD as only currency). It looks like it is assigning only the component cost to the items that have a style/color/size combination even when the item is set to use the product cost only or the sum of the product cost and the component cost.
        Thanks,
        Roger Carr
        <A href="http://www.sunclothingetc.com" target="_blank">www.sunclothingetc.com</a>

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Froogle only available to sites selling to the USA only?
          Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

Froogle is currently only available to sites that sell in the USA, but this doesn't mean that it is only available for US based companies. We are UK based but are listed on froogle because we list US$ prices and sell to the US. These are the rules :-

*It must be possible to purchase your products with a major credit card
            *Prices must be visible on the site, and must be in US dollars
            *Site must be in English
            *Cannot sell only services, including travel related services and web
            hosting
            *Cannot only promote an offline store's products
            *Cannot be an affiliate marketing, multi-level-marketing, or
            comparison-shopping site

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hello

I have just received the OK from froogle and uploaded a data feed but have the return thus

Quote "- Your feed contains some extra endline characters. You should have only
              one tab separating each field from the next, and should not have any tabs
              after the last field on any given line. You should only have endline
              characters separating products. For example, in your datafeed, there is an
              endline character after "flat Baritone." in the first product, causing our
              system to treat "Supplied as an outfit" as the product_url of the second
              product. Please remove the extra endline characters so that our system can
              read your datafeed correctly."

Does anyone know waht they mean? I can't see for looking!
              Regards
              Chris
              ><)))'>
              chris@musiccorner.co.uk

www.musiccorner.co.uk

for music, instruments and all that jazz....

0800 328 5294.

Comment

Working...
              X