Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Problems Still

Hi,
    I’m still having some problems with the shipping locations. This site is Canada only.There are several local cities that have different shipping prices. I have been just trying to get one to work for now. The city is St. Catharines, Ontario. I put it in as a country, but I wasn’t sure what you would put in the code area. I used LO1 because you can’t use CA. This could be part of my problem. Right now I have everything on a default charge. I have created another zone called Local and have St. Catharines in it. When I go to checkout it says "Select Shipping Destination - The country/region combination you selected is invalid. Please check and re-enter your selection"
    I don’t know what I’m doing wrong or what I’m missing. Here is the url in case you would like to look. flowers-floral-baskets.ca/acatalog/index.html
    Thanks for all your help it is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Randy

See if this thread helps you.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...pping+zones+uk

From what I can see, your users will not instinctively look for St Catherines in the Country column, so that is not going to work. You need to restrict your customers to the choices you want them to make. Remove the options in the state/region list that do not meet your needs, add the choices you want to have available and cover the rest with an all other locations entry. Then set your zones for pricing and you should be good to go.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Shipping Getting Closer

Hi Bill,
      I've created sub districts under Ontario those different priced cities. I can't seem to get it to separate the shipping costs, even when I put the sub districts in different zones. It will only take default charge across the board for everybody.

Regards,
      Randy
      Thanks

Comment

What are your settings on the shipping tab in View | Business settings? Are you using ship by weight? Did you create weight/cost tables for your new zones?
        Bill

Comment

Re: Shipping

Shipping is set to total value, floral business so weight doesn't matter.

Regards,
          Randy

Comment

The online help infers that once you add the new zone(s) you just specify a different percentage of total value as the charge by right clicking on the zone and clicking "properties".

I have no personal experience of shipping by value - so can only suggest you try this out.
            Bill

Comment

Working...
            X