Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation

I am trying to put a link in a brochure page to take me to the catalog and have the link "<a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOGLINK">". This is taking me to an explorer page listing the files in the Preview HTML directory. Can anyone explain this?

You will need to hardcode the link in brouchure

<a href="http://www.yourdomain.com/acatalog/">".
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks for your reply, the link I have used is taken from the advanced user guide page 14.

Comment

this works on my brochure page

<a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOGLINK" >SHOP</a>

Comment

Is it within content on the page or in the menu you are using the link?

I assumed it was in content in which case make the link
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi,

It is within the content of the Body.

I've tried a few of the others (NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSITEMAP, NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFO, NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBHOME) all as buttons and links and they work fine.

I only experience the problem when I try and use NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOG. When I click on this in Offline Preview it opens up the PreviewHTML folder, and if I publish it on our server in the office it opens up the acatalog directory.

Anyone?

Comment

I only experience the problem when I try and use NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOG. When I click on this in Offline Preview it opens up the PreviewHTML folder, and if I publish it on our server in the office it opens up the acatalog directory.

That is whats expected. Are you trying to make it do something else?
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Originally posted by garyhay
                That is whats expected. Are you trying to make it do something else?
                No, this isn't what I would expect.

I would expect the link to take me to my catalog page, as detailed in the Advanced user guide.

I've obviously missed something, or haven't explain claerly where I am taken to if I click on it.

If I click on it whilst in Offline Preview, I leave the website and see the PreviewHTML directory in Explorer.

On our test server Internet Explorer lists the contents of the acatalog directory.

When used in my brochure and I view the source of the created HTML page I just see <A HREF="">Shop</A>.

Regards,

Andrew

Comment

Hi there

The variable "NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOGLINK" cannot be used on a brochure page, it can only be using in the Catalog page, which uses "Act_Primary.html". This variable deals with taking the user to the top level sections of the shop when you are in the store, and is only intended for that.
                  As you can see and what Jo has written as well, is that it will go into the /acatalog/ folder, so if you change your "Base Page name", in "Design | Option | Site Default", to "index.html", then it will go there. However on Previewing, it will only show the content of the files. I will report this bit to the development team.

So like Gary said, you will need to hardcode your links, I'm afraid.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem,

Many thanks for the reply and clarifying where the variable can be used.

Regards,

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                    X