hierarchical importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hierarchical importing

I sell maps and walking books, and have to date imported product info via a flat file, then added customvar info manually. I would like to import the customvar info (author, publisher, list price etc) via a hierarchical import, and despite looking at the examples as suggested in the user guide, and some helpful advice from Jan at Mole End Software, I don't know how to go about taking the information from my Access database, and transferring it into the required format for a hierarchical import. I could do with a (simple!!) step-by-step guide to doing this. Does such a thing exist?
    www.guidepost.uk.com

Hi,

I don't know how to go about taking the information from my Access database
    Is this your ActinicCatalog.mdb file or a different database?

If it is your ActinicCatalog.mdb file then you can go to the 'File' menu in Actinic and select 'Export' and follow the wizard to export your current catalog into hierarchical format.

If not then there is no easy way to get a database into this format (that I know of). However, I have got a document that will show you how to import custom properties via a flat file (it is quite fiddly I'm afraid). I've attached it to this thread. I hope it helps.
    Attached Files
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey,

The info is in my external database, so I'll try the method you have suggested.
      www.guidepost.uk.com

Comment

Working...
      X