Moving multiple sites to new PC without snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving multiple sites to new PC without snapshot

My old PC died on me yesterday leaving me without access to an ever-increasing backlog of on-line orders. Not knowing that this would happen, I did not make a recent backup or run a snapshot of the sites.

I've loaded Actinic Developer v7 onto the new PC. Fortunately I can access the old hard drive from my new PC and I can see the multiple sites under the 'Sites' folder.

I have copied these into the 'sites' folder on the new PC but Actinic Developer v7. On launch, Actinic does not recognise the sites.

Any suggestions or tips. (yes I have searched the FAQs and message base first!)

Thanks

Chris
    Chris

go to file, Sites, License New site

this will tell the software about thesites you have placed in the Sites folder.

make sure you match the sitename to the folder name

Not knowing that this would happen, I did not make a recent backup or run a snapshot of the sites.
    it is a very lucky person who knows when their PC will fail, you should routinely do a backup on a daily basis.

You should also bear in mind that your PC WILL fail one day - the key is being prepared,

Comment

Many thanks Jo,

With the exception of a few irritating glitches, this seems to have worked.

Kind regards

Chris
      Chris

Comment

Working...
      X