Overwriting Customer Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwriting Customer Accounts

I am using V7 Developer. One Pc configured for order processing and one for development.

I create customer accounts on the order processing PC along with product groups and discounts, but when I update the Order processing PC with a snapshot from my devlopment PC I lose these.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Tony,

When you import to update the order processing pc, all the information in the customer account would get overwritten to what the developer machine has. One thing you could do is just before you import the snapshot, is go to "File | Export" and export the customer account details. Once you have done this, simply import the snapshot.
    Now when the snapshot is done, go to "File | Import" and select "Hierarchical Import", now point it to the customer account csv file. This should import all the customer accounts back into Actinic.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Discounts Still Lost

Hi,

I have tried this a few times and the Customer Accounts are imported OK but all the product discount groups are lost.

Suggestions please.

Tony.

Comment

Hi Tony,

Your best bet would be to create everything on the uploading pc. If you create accounts from orders on the downloading pc, you should then export the customer accounts from that pc and import them into the uploading pc. You will need this new information on the uploading pc anyway so that you can upload the site to get the new accounts online.

Then create your groups and discounts on the uploading pc. That way, when you create a snapshot and import it into the downloading pc, all should be well.

I know this is a bit fiddly but it is the only way you will have all the information correct on both pc's
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X