412 precondition failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

412 precondition failed

I have a problem with V7, I can refresh the site ok, but if I try to download any orders or update the site i get the error 412 precondition failed,

Has anyone got any ideas ?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

What is being reported from the error, is a server error. Have you tried contacting your hosting company regarding this error? Also is the uploading working fine, or does that have problem. Are you going through a router or firewall?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi

I can refresh the site without any problems, but if I try and download any orders, or check the network settings i get this problem, if i update the site it fails at the merge files point.

I am running windows xp firewall

Regards
      Steve

Comment

The response from the server is ...

Precondition Failed
        The precondition on the request for the URL /cgi-bin/nq000003.pl evaluated to false.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at shop.petermartin.co.uk Port 80

Comment

Hi Steve,

Interestingley both update the site on the merge file, as well as downloading the order use the same HTTP protocol. The software uploads a script and via HTTP, its runs the script to download the order or merge the file. Its seems something on your PC is preventing Actinic to do this. Please could you shutdown your firewall and try again.
          Also what else software do you have on your PC which deals with the internet, except browsers.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi

Just had an email back from my hosting company saying that they had made some changes to the server and could I try again,

Its all working fine now, I don't know what changes they made to the server, but if I find out I'll post them here in case anyone else gets a similar problem

Thanks for all your help

Regards

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X