Option prices - per item and per unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option prices - per item and per unit

Is it possible to allow customers to choose the number of a certain option for each ordered item?

Specifically, I'm creating a "Build a Binder" section similar to the "Products Built from Add-Ons". One of the options is adding pages. The trick is, that the customer must order at least 50 binders, and my client wants to allow the customers to choose the number of pages they want included in each binder. So I need to charge the customer per page per binder.

EX:

50 binders - $1.00 each
    7 pages per binder - $0.10 each

that means:
    $1.00 base + $0.70 (for the pages) = $85.00 total
    Matthew Cowgur
    DARMEDIA, Inc.

If your product is binder with a product price of $ 1.00 and a fixed quantity of 50
    and you add a component of page with a price of $ 0.10 each shown in the component html but a real cost of 50 x $0.10 or $5.00 in your pricing table, then set the pricing mode to sum of product and components - does this give you what you want?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I don't think so, I still need to multiply the $0.10 by the number of pages the customer wants. And I'm prettys sure my client is going to want the customer to be able to order more than 50. It's that first bit of multiplication that is tripping me up. It would be simple enough, and I've offered it to the client as a solution, to simply restrict the customers to a fixed set of quantities for the pages. But I guess there really isn't a way to have actinic input both quantities. I think that's actually the issue. I need to calculate the price of the pages per binder, and then increment that price by the total number of binders purchased.
      Matthew Cowgur
      DARMEDIA, Inc.

Comment

OK

What you need to do here is create a product called 'Binder' with a cost of $1.00 and a 'Minimum Order Quantity' of '50'.

Then, create a component within this product called 'Pages', then create an attribute within this component called 'Number of Pages'. Ensure this attribute is laid out as a drop down.

THen create choices within this attribute for '1', '2', '3' etc. up to a likely maximum number of pages that customers might want to order.

Then go into the 'Pages' component, switch to the 'Permutations' tab and click 'Fill List'. In the grid, enter the correct price for each number of pages e.g. 1 page = $0.10, 3 pages = $0.30

That works for me.

Comment

Working...
        X