csv database question (error messages)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

csv database question (error messages)

Hello - i'm very new to actinic and i'm still finding my way around it.

I'm trying to import the database that my client has sent over and i keep getting error messages:
    "Line 33: Wrong number of fields. Expected 78 but got 76."
    I told him to follow the supplied excel example supplied by actinic - which i think he has managed to do. How do i find the fields that he has missed?
    or how do i tell it that i only want 76fields

Another question:
    I've adapted the "smart" template to create the look and feel of the shop.
    The client has asked if we can hide the sub sections down the left hand side
    as i have generated a bit of a long product menu. He wants it so you press the main menu and then you can select the product from the central column.

thank you in advance.

**This is the first time my boss has asked me to create an online shop.
    I was hoping for a small t-shirt company .. instead i got a medical retailer selling over 3000 products

It sounds as if there are 78 field headings but not all of the rows have values in the last two fields. You need to have a field at the end of the row that has a value for every entry, so I would suggest checking whether this is the case and either creating a dummy column with the same value for every row that you then ignore when you import the products (this is what I usually do), or move one of the columns that already has an entry for every row to the end.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for that - i'm waiting for the client to send over the new version of the database. I asked him to use the example supplied by actinic.
      He did this - but didn't complete every field (as some fields didn't apply to his product).

The fields he's left blank (and doesn'y intend to use, ever) - am i alright to delete them. There's about 10-15 of them but in the error message it was saying there was only 1 field not completed which doesn't make sense.

Also - Does anyone know how i can minimise the side menu as it's includeing all the sub sections in the side menu. There's over 3000 products so this could get on the lengthy side. I've been using the smart template as a basis.

Also - how do i capture users login details. there's a login page but i can't find the register page.

Thanks for listening to my newbie questions

and thank you in advance

the site so far

Comment

I've adapted the "smart" template to create the look and feel of the shop.
        The client has asked if we can hide the sub sections down the left hand side
        That's answered several times on the Forum. A bit of searching should find it.

The CSV file can contain as meny field as you need. If there are extraneous ones then that won't matter - you just don't map them to any Actinic fields. Deleteing these columns is also fine.

Also you don't need the client to fix the .csv database. Just open it in Excel, add a dummy field at the extreme right, make sure that columns fully populated, save the modified file and import that.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X