uploading & page errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uploading & page errors

Hi, I recently imported a snap shot on my new laptop...to my anoyance it wanted to do a whole site refresh.....this took 1-2 days after loads of time out errors. (whilst doing this I have managed to stuff up the links from my home page into the cataloge (all done using the catalogue home page)...

when I click on a link from my homepage I get 'page cannot be found' error with the url

http://www.framefx.com/cgi-bin/ss00...TARGET=BROCHURE

but when I type in the url:
    http://www.framefx.com/acatalog/
    I can view my site.

I also get a merge request error when i update the web site.....I DON'T WON'T TO UPLOAD THE WHOLE SITE AGAIN.

as you can tell......this is driving me nuts

Please can someone help me with these anoying errors.

Thanks

Jonas

oh by the way here is a pervios reply that didn't help.

(((((make sure that passive ftp is being used and that advanced FTP options are enabled - it's probably a firewall/wireless/service pack 2 issue.))))
    I have the settings on FTP Passive & I have disabled all firewalls.

that doesn't explain the link error on the home page!

Some other suggestions please

Thanks

Jonas

It looks like there's something wrong with Perl on your server or your Network settings. Every Perl script either results in Internal Server Error or script not found.

PS I see you're using 2 of my "Donationware" patches - I don't recall hearing from you, though.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman, thanks for getting back to me on this.

Can you suggest away for me to fix my problem with perl without doing a complete refresh?

And yes I was trying out the drop down menu system (site not launched yet) and I'm not going to use the code or software (doesn't quite work for me). But thanks for the option.

Thanks Jonas

Comment

Your site is huge so repeated aborted uploads to the live server will be a real pain.

Why not install a standalone server (Apache / Perl / FTP Server) on your own (or another LAN) system and test on that. Once fixed, simply swap network settings and go live. You can export your current Network settings to a textfile so you don't have to re-enter them (via Advanced / Network Setup).

Full instructions are in the Advanced Guide.

PS I wrote the Products in Columns stuff too, but I think you're using the Advanced Guide version and not my most up-to-date one.

Comment

Hi Norman,

So I refresh to a local server (which in principle should be much faster) then if the site works I still need to do a full refresh to my dedicated server....hoping that it doesn't time out.

or am I misunderstanding can I just upload the new perl scripts that work?

Again thanks

jonas

(ps forgot to mention that I get a merge request failed error at the end of all my recent site updates)

Comment

I get a merge request failed error at the end of all my recent site updates
            That indicated that somethings wrong with Perl or your Network Settings. Go to Advanced / Network Setup add tell us what the Test reports.

Comment

One other thing to be aware off. If you cange network settings away from your live server then change back a full refresh will always take place, even if you've changed nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X