Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to perfom simple update & why is the search text different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to perfom simple update & why is the search text different?

Hello All,

A client of ours has been experiencing a problem whereby he is unable to perform a simple update of the site. It gets to the point of merging files and then stops responding, however when I test his snapshot on my machine it updates perfectly.

He has recently re-installed actinic (due to these problems happening previously) and has upgraded to 7.0.2, would anyone know why this may be occuring? Also i've got him to perform a complete web-site purge and refresh, but still has the problems. I'm reckoning it is something to do with his computer (as it works fine on my machine), though he seems to think otherwise. But it works fine if he does a FULL refresh.

Also the same guy has updated his search text (which appear on the search page) and when he has updated he says the changed text appears on one page but if you do it via the other page it reverts to the old text. This was the problem a few weeks ago which sorted itself out, but it has now come back. This user does have actinic on 2 machines and plays aroiund with one of them, though when i've tried to clarify which machine he updates the site from, he says he updates it on the one machine only.

If anyone knows why either of these may be occuring or if it is user error could you let me know as I have no idea why these are occuring other than user error. We do have a number of clients on the same verrsion and they do not experience these problems.

Kind Regards
    Mel Bagley
    Programmer
    mel@kc3.net

KC3 - Actinic GOLD reseller

Hi Mel,

What is his operating system? Is he going through a router? or a firewall? Please could you find out more information regarding this connection. Its possible it may be a firewall issue.
    Also have you tried in using "Use Enhanced FTP", in "Advance | Network Setup", or even "Use Passive FTP Transfer".

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Cheers Nadeem, I have contacted the client, and am waiting for a response from them in regard to the issue.
      Mel Bagley
      Programmer
      mel@kc3.net

KC3 - Actinic GOLD reseller

Comment

Working...
      X