Problem with attributes in compact rows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with attributes in compact rows

I have just completed a page in my test site to use compact rows and it has worked very well untill a product with an attribute is displayed. Please see http://www.drumbankmusic.co.uk/acata...are_Drums.html All is fine until the last 2 products.
    Is it possible to work around this problem by:
    1. not diplaying attributes on this page.
    2. when the "buy now" is selected, link to the "more info" page where the attribute can then be selected and the sale completed.

Thanks.

Hi Simon

1), Simply go to the attributes and remove the "HTML for Name". This would clear the attribute name on the page.

2) I'm not sure what you mean here, please could you explain?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Your problem is that the Attributes and Cart button are generated together. This is the Actinic default.

They can be separated by editing your Product Template.

If you replace NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON with NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON then you have 2 variables that you can move around within your Product Template to get a better layout. In your case putting NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS immediately after NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION (possibly in it's own <TD>..</TD> might be suitable.

Other things that would give you a more compact layout would be to remove the prompt "Price:" (Design / Options / Shop Defaults / Product Price Description) and the "(Inc. VAT at 17.5%)" (Design / Test / Goto / Phase -1, ID 219.

Finally I see that you're using Duplicate products to give a "More info" view of the items. There's a way to use the Extended Info popup page to show that and to add a Cart button there. See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff for the patch.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your reply Nadeem. I'm trying to remove the "attributes" altogether from the compact rows page and only have them displayed on the "more details" page. However, I am begining to see that this may not be possible. Is it therefore possible to change the font of the drop-down list so that it matches the rest of the page.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Norman, I will try what you suggest and have a look at your site to see your patch.

Comment

Working...
          X