Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ePDQ confusion

hi,

I am completely confused with setting up actinic with Barclays ePDQ. I have only ever designed basic (non ecommerce) websites before now. After reviewing Actinics software, I decided to use it because it looked like all the hard work was done.

However as each week passes, i find something else that is not quite as it seems. After finally getting the website ready to take payments, our accounts department contacted barclays and started the process of requesting ePDQ.

Now we have recieved all this information I am more confused than ever, as in their manuals they are stating that templates are all customisable to make it look and feel like your own website...

Question 1. Does this mean the templates that are provided in the actinic software, that our company paid so much for are now not going to be used?

After starting the initial process of creating the users for integration, I find they are asking for the exact url page for certain processes. At this stage I had to stop, because it was getting a little complex, this is when i turned to this forum for help. And sure enough, after reading several articles I now find that its actually worse than that. Our company now has to pay out more money to another company, because Actinic hasnt done what i would call their job properly.

Actinic sell themselves as complete ecommerce software. Now i understand that they have to connect to lots of different items here and there, and cope with everything that everyone wants. But why should we have to use a third party to connect the actinic software to ePDQ.

On securehosting's website it states that they have partnered with Actinic to produce this link. Well I think that actinic should provide this link themselves, after all I have now not one website / store to keep track of, I have 3
    the actinic original store.
    the barclays ePDQ store
    the securehostings link (who also provide templates)

Question 2. Does actinic software automatically upload the updated pages / templates to barclays and securehostings servers?

When we bought the developer software, we was advised to pay that little extra for the updates / upgrades.

Well my third question is this:

When do i get the update / upgrade that connects directly to Barclays ePDQ.

On top of all of this, Barclays say that the initial request has to be made from non ssl pages, well does this also mean that I dont need a secure server, as the most important transaction that will be sent to the ePDQ machine is the transaction itself. If this is done without ssl then surely we dont need one.

I am sorry if any of this sounds like I am trying to blame someone, but I find all this a complete hasstle. If securehostings can do it, after talking to actinic, then surely actinic can do it too.

Dave.
    www.xcelcius.com
    Thermal Underwear thats gives protection down to -25c

Question 1. Does this mean the templates that are provided in the actinic software, that our company paid so much for are now not going to be used?

When the transaction goes through, I imagine you are passed over to the barclays website. This is separate from your actinic site so of course the actinic templates are used.. You simply have the option to log into the barclays site and customise the payment pages to look like the rest of your site. This is good as HSBC do not offer this.

You also shouldn't need ssl for this I dont think, you dont with HSBC.

Steve

Comment

Working...
    X