Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMTP Problems yet again

Hi all,

I originally had email problems when BT decided to force authorisation with all their mail servers and I had to do all sorts of juggling and tweaking to get the shop to send emails.

V7 has fixed all of that with its authorisation settings which previously worked for me but now im having a weird problem. My shop is failing to send any emails, so I ran the network test and got a password error even though my username and password are 100% correct. Whats really weird is the fact that I receive the actinic test email if I do a full network setup ?

I have spoken to BT and they say that nothing has changed recently and all I should need is a username and password and the fact that im receiving the test email means their servers are accepting the program without problems.

I understand the above statement and this has to be an actinic related issue.
    So does anyone have any ideas why a full network setup appears fine but a network test does not

Cheers

Mick
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Hmm.

I thought I'd seen posts recently saying you couldn't host with BT as it was impossible to set the permissions properly.

Are you hosting with BT or just trying to send emails via them?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Im hosted elsewhere but have BT Broadband for connection and email. To make matters more confusing I have just tried a network test with authentication turned 'off' and guess what - the report says everything is fine, even though its not fine

Mick
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Not quite the same problem, but a couple of my clients who are on Bt broadband are having trouble sending emails. Sometimes they work sometimes they get blocked.
        Jenny
        Hanson Web Design
        www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Bump

Sorry for 'bumping' this thread up the list but its the most important issue I have with v7 at the moment.

With all my correct settings I get the following message :

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
          server: passed
          connection: passed
          sockets: passed
          communications: failed
          authorisation: failed

A full network setup will give me 2 test emails, not sure why I get 2 instead of 1. All other emails do not get sent / received.

Using the shops 'form contact email' gives a password error.

Maybe I should try to use my webhosts smtp instead ?

Cheers

Mick
          Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Maybe I should try to use my webhosts smtp instead ?
            I'd definitely recommend doign this. That's the way it's designed to work and the most reliable way of doing it.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

All fixed with webhosts smtp, authentication turned off as they haven't implemented it yet. Lets hope it still works when they turn it on !

Cheers

Mick
              Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X