Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uploading actinic to a new hosting area??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uploading actinic to a new hosting area??

hi there,

i have just purchaced some new hosting space and intend to move mt web on this area. I am using the 'advanced network setup' box and have entered the following details but actinic is not accepting the settings (as advised by the hosting company):

Use the following setting, substituting [DOMAIN NAME] for your domain in every case:

Extension = .cgi
    Mail server = localhost
    Website URL = http://www.[DOMAINNAME]
    Catalog URL = http://www.[DOMAINNAME]/acatalog/
    CGI-BIN URL = http://www.[DOMAINNAME]/cgibin/
    Codebase = ./
    Path from CGI-BIN to Catalog Directory = ../acatalog
    Path to Perl = /usr/local/bin/perl
    Server Host = [DOMAINNAME]
    Username = FTP user name you selected when ordering the account
    Password = FTP password you selected when ordering the account
    Path to CGI-BIN = public_html/cgibin/

i come up with the following error when testing:

"Unable to move to the cgi-bin directory "public_html/cgibin/" on the FTP server.
    The specified directory does not exist or you do not have access to the directory"

my folder structure is as such:

main folders:

data/
    html/

under html folder (advised that this is the same as public_html):

acatalog/
    cgibin/

all the permissions of all these folders is 777.

I am using cute ftp to access my area, but am not sure what to do now as i have done all that i have been advised to do by my hosting company (iomart.com / internetters.com / easyspace.com)
    Can anyone advise what i need to do?

Thanks all....
    Thanks for all help everyone!!

www.decorativextras.com

(iomart.com / internetters.com / easyspace.com) Can anyone advise what i need to do?
    Take more care when choosing a host would be a good start. Iomart etc have always had problems with Actinic.

Can you post a screendump of your FTP setup.

I would have thought "public_html/cgibin/" is wrong as generally the cgibin would not be inside public_html but the level above it.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

When i use the wizard in the network settings box, the following happens:

box 1 (introduction): i check configure new network settings) >next

box 2 (ftp account): i eneter my ftp, username and password given by hosting company. >next

box 3 (website address): i add the web address (http://www.decorativextras.com) >next

box 4 (status): actinic automatically goes through checking settings and ends up at another box:

box 5 (path): the following information is presented:

"Sometimes the Perl script has a different view of the directory structure than your FTP account. In particular, the Perl script may be unable to locate the web root directory using the FTP path information. Please enter the directory where your web files are located. The view on the left hand side is a view of your server's directories (as seen by the CGI script). Please select the web root directory and press the ">>" button to copy the directory name into the web root directory field. If you want to refresh a directory listing, please close the folder and then re-open it. If you know the directory path already, you can type it directly into the text box."

in the view on the left hand side is a file structure that i have never seen, shown below:

d:
      webs
      decorativextras.com
      html
      acatalog
      cgibin

this is similar to my hosting structure, from below the decorativextras.

when i press the >> buttom it automatically put into the box the following text:

d:/webs/decorativextras.com/html

when i press next it comes up with the error message:

"the cgi script does not have proper access to the catalog web directory.the cataolg web diectory is the directory named 'acatalog' in the web root directory. The cgi script must be ablke to read write and delete files in the web directory. contact your system admiistrator and have them correct the directory permissions. The script reports the following problems:

the cgi script does not havce permission to write the catalog web directory"

????dont know what to do now. Any advise? this is as far as i can go. i have checked the permissions of each folder and they are all 777 in cute ftp properties tab?

Any ideas? thanks all.

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

"public_html/cgibin/"

I would say this was wrong and is more likely just cgibin/
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

i got iomart from the actinic main site, as they reccomend them as a host, i was advised from someone in here to check the recomended hosts list on the main actinic site.

not sure how to get the image onto here, i have uploaded it into my hosting space, but not sure what address to use to retrieve it, the file is:

actinic_settings.psd,

ftp://decorativextras.com/actinic_settings.psd

my username is /kumarkbh and on cute ftp this is the folder that my site is in, this does not make too much sense to me. do you know how to get files from an ftp adderess? as i cant post the screenshot on thjis forum, or can i?

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

when i change the path to cgi bin to just

/cgibin

i get the following error:

Unable to move to the cgi-bin directory "cgibin/" on the FTP server.
            The specified directory does not exist or you do not have access to the directory.

after moving the cgibin on the same level as the html folder, i get the following message:

"Actinic Ecommerce is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration."

then i get the message:

"The web server returned error code 404 - Requested URL not found. This means Actinic Ecommerce can not execute the CGI scripts on your web site. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to check the web setup."

is this good or bad?

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

hi there,

are there any settings that anyone can advise that i can try, i did find this host throught the actinic website, as i had some problems with my last host, i thought it would be a reputable host as they are reccomended by actinic themselves.

Any ideas anyone? would appreciate the help. thanks

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

Hi Anil,

What you could do, is register an email ticket on http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and one of our support team will try to configure your network settings for you.
                What they can also do is to upload some perlscripts to see if your website is working or not.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                X