• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Site Custom Template

Hi,

I have just built a new site.

www.motouk.net

The problem I have is i've edited the template.

I place my design in the Act_primary and brochure templates.

Everything looks fine until you goto checkout.

None of the grpahics for the template will display, the catalog is trying to located the images in the CGI_BIN Images folder?

Why is this....

PLEASE HELP

Have you got the path to the cgi-bin set correctly?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

the link to the cart from adding the item is domain.com/cgi-bin and the link in the View Cart is domain.com/actalog/cgi-bin

As an aside you may want to take a look at the size of the header graphic as it is currently throwing the first product details beyond the page fold

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

The CGI settings are correct and tested

Comment

ADVANCED > NETWORK SETTINGS tick use relative cgi-bin url.

I also must mention that I got a stack overflow hack attempt when using your site. Something about Google was displayed to me.
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Nothing to do with your post but, Are you using frames?...you don’t need to they will cause you more trouble than there worth, you seem to have 2 nav sections down the left hand side, you don’t need the first one with the 2 links ‘Home & Shop’ plus they don’t match the rest of the site. By having the 2 nav sections, the width of the page is being pushed to far right and not viewed correctly with 1024 x 768.

I agree with Jonty the image does look far too big for the page, there is a rumour that some text, when centred looks a bit amateurish and is harder to read.

Comment

1. I dont know why that side menu has appeared, obviously it has nothing to do with the site....

2. Im not using frames

3. The images are too large which then throws out the whole template .

Thanks for the advise

Comment

I changed the Network Setup as advised but no joy.

This is where the catalog is looking for the images, why?

http://www.motouk.net/cgi-bin/index2_16.jpg

Comment

Hi Darren,

Have you fixed the issue, as when i placed an item into the basket, all the images are appearing fine without any problem. Nice site by the way.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

nadeem

I managed to get the images issue sirted but the site now has cgi-errors. Waiting for a snapshot.
                    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi,

Everything seems to be ok, addin stuff to the checkout etc... The main problem now is that when I click on basket i get the following error message.

CGI Error
                      The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Im trying to see if there are issues with the server before sending gary a snapshot.

Any ideas Nadeeem

Comment

What I've noticed is if you click on basket it sometimes returns without the error, then if you immediately click on checkout it comes back with the error?

Is this a server response problem / template / or scripting issue?

Error is

CGI Error
                        The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Comment

Send a snapshot and we can test it to see if the site is okay on another server.
                          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way Gary.....

I didnt really want to give my acd file to somebody I dont know. This is my whole catalog with months of work in it.

Comment

The snapshot is just a backup of the site.

I have left a message on your answer machine
                              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
                              X