Catalog Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog Recovery

My ActinicCatalog.mdb and the backups are all corrupted., But I have a snap shot of it before this happened.
    Now that I try to import it into Actinic program, during importing of the snapshot the program freezes. is there a way to recover?

My computer is super fast with plenty of memory, so that is not the problem.

Of coarse back up everything before working on the files.
    You may have some luck if you open the Actiniccatalog.mdb using Access 2000.
    You will need to convert the database to Access 2000 and then run the utilities in access on the database. This should clean up the database and then you can try opening the file again from Actinic.

Make sure you save a copy of the database.

Access 2002 works the same way.

You may also want to uninstall Actinic and reinstall the program.

If your getting a fatal error there maybe something causing the problem. Also consider tempory shut down of the anti virus , spyware and firewall software while your installing the software and getting the site working.

hope this helps. If you can report an error message and review the knowledgebase for more help.

Brian
    Brian Johnson
    :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
    1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

I have tried repairing the database file using Access 2003 but many lines have error in them.

I think my best shot is the snapshot I have, but it keeps freezing my computer. Is this because I have too many products? why dose the snapshot freeze?

Did my actinic crashed because I have too many products in it?

How many items can I have in actinic?

If I restore my windows XP to earlier date will I get back my data?

Thanks for your help in advance

Comment

"Did my actinic crashed because I have too many products in it?"

WELL HOW MANY PRODUCTS DO YOU HAVE IN THE DATABASE?

We have a few cleints with more then ten thousand products. In fact we have a cleint that has over 30,000 products in their Actinic business site. Actinic claims to support 10k products provided you have less then 1ok products its unlikely that your issue is related to the number of products.

Remember that your using an access database and its suceptible to data curruption. It could be a hard disk problem as well.

I have been here many times before while supporting the Actinic problem and honestly I think you may have accidentially left off some information in your post that may be causing the problem. What type of enviroment are you working in with the software. Are you importing large volumes of product data? If so you may be introducing the curruption during the import, look closely at the improt data.

Again I have a feeling there is something missing here, maybe a more detailed explanation is in order to locate the source of your problem.

Brian
        Brian Johnson
        :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
        1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Yes, I am importing a large number of products.
          If so I may be introducing the curruption during the import. What do i do in this case?

Why Cant I use my snapshot to recover? why does it freeze?
          Is there a way to look at the content of the snapshot?

Thanks for your help

Comment

I seem to recall from a previous post that the snapshop is a zip file but with a different file extension. You could try making a copy of the snapshop and then see if you can open the copy with winzip.

HTH
            Regards, Sharon
            www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
            www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
            www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

Yep. It's a zipfile but the internal folder structure has a special meaning to the Actinic import program. If you look at it with winzip (just rename it from .acd to .zip), then this should be apparent. You should be able to extract just the ActinicCatalog.mdb with ease.

Make a fulll backup of Site1 before doing any major surgery.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X