Developtment site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developtment site

Is it possible to have the current site and a development site with Actinic Business.

What I would like to do is recode the site using CSS rather than tables. Mainly so that it's much easier to maintain. But during the period of developing the new version of the site I'd still like to be able to maintain the old one which will be online.

Is this possible or is it a job for Developer?

I suppose another solution would be to import / export snapshots. But I'd rather not.

Thanks.

Think you have hit the nail on the head with either using developer or importing/exporting snapshots.

Another alternative may be to setup temporary templates eg Act_Primary2.html, Act_ProductLine2.HTML and specify those temporarily to check and design and then reset when you want to work on the actual site - very messy and would force a complete site upload each time

Not sure about the legalities / ethics of downloading a demo version of Business to run as a sandbox for the new site - may be worth checking with Actinic

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It may be simpler to use a different computer to set up the evaluation site. If you install the Standalone Demo (Apache / Perl / WarFTP) on that - see the Advanced Guide - you can fully test using a local server instead of your public one until it's time to swap over.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Another machine for redeveloping the site sounds like a good idea, I'll give it a go.

Comment

Working...
        X