Customer exchanging goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer exchanging goods

A customer has ordered the wrong items and we're going to exchange them for him. For neatness sake and to make sure the sales totals per item are correct I'd like to create a new order that returns the old ones, charges the replacements and can then generate the invoice for the difference.
    However, I can't seem to start a new manual order with -ve product quantities.

I've searched the help topics, the forums and the knowledge base but can't find anything relevant. How would this normally be done in Actinic?

Cheers,
    simon walker
    SWAQshop
    Cult Pens

Why create a new order?
    In the current (returned) order, you can unship and cancel the returned item and then add the exchanged item by using the new "add item" feature in V7.
    You can then deal with any extra payments ( or refunds) due all in the "progress and payments" tab of the order and your original invoice total is already up to date.
    It's much neater and keeps the whole order history all in one place.

HTH
    Tracey
    Tracey

Comment

Yes, that's the conclusion I eventually came to. I was hesitant about messing with a completed order initially, because a lot of the unship/cancel/backorder stuff is less than intuitive. However, as you say it works correctly and keeps it all in one place.
      Thanks for the input.

Regard,
      simon walker
      SWAQshop
      Cult Pens

Comment

No probs.
        It's a neat way to do the whole thing really.
        As I sell clothing, I have to exchange quite regularly and, while I can't disagree about the unship/cancel/backorder comment (don't even get me onto what it does from the PSP pending tab!!) it does become second nature after a while and keeps the order looking fairly straightforward.
        Glad to have helped
        Tracey
        Tracey

Comment

Working...
        X