Problems downloading orders in Actinic 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems downloading orders in Actinic 7

I have a problem downloading the orders from my site.

When I try to download the orders from the site it stalls for a minute and pops up a window,

In the window it says:
    The web script was unable to open the specified file.

Possible Cause:
    Permissions problems
    The permissions on the acatalog directory are locked
    The permissions on the file on the acatalog directory are locked
    The path from the cgi-bin to acatalog directory is incorrect
    or the directory has been renamed or removed
    Recommendation:
    Abort
    Resolution:
    Check the permissions of the web site.
    The files and directories need to be readable
    and writable by the web server
    Run the Web | Configure Web Site Details command to
    verify your setup

Command: retrieve Filename:

I have done the network settings test and all the settings are correct and the test successfully completed.

I have checked my webserver and all the permissions on it seem to be fine,
    If anyone has any tips on how I can solve this problem any help would be nice.

Hi there

When you download the orders, Actinic will upload a script and run it via HTTP protocol to download the orders. Now on your site, Actinic cannot run the script once it has been opened. What is your webserver? Linux or Windows?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

I seem to be having a similar problem to this - (Version 5)

I am suddenly unable to download my orders from my website (www.worthydeal.co.uk). Everything was fine up to and including last night. Orders downloaded fine (as they have for month after month). This morning, I click on 'Retrieve Orders' but an Actinic error message appears:-

"Actinic Ecommerce is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. Run Web|Configure Web Site Details... to review you web site configuration "

There is a 'View Response' button on this Actinic error dialog box, which when I click it shows me a 404 - Page not Found message.

I have .ord files on the server. I definitely have orders to download.

I did not make any changes to the server or Catalog etc. or my pc between last night and this morning.

The Actinic error message does not seem to be correct, as when I go onto the website itself at www.worthydeal.co.uk everything seems fine, shopping cart, checkout, search, etc. so the cgi scripts must be running. Orders are coming in while I have this problem!

I have gone to Advanced | Network Setup and run Test, but this shows no problems - the Actinic message back from this was "The network settings test was successful. If the email address you specified is correct, you should receive a confirmation message shortly" (I did).

I also ran through Web | Configure Website, but again, the Wizard did not suggest any changes to the setup.

I then did an Update of the website from Web | Update Website, but I am still unable to retrieve the orders (same error message).

I have rebooted the pc I am using a few times, and I have purged and compacted the Actinic database, and also tried downloading with the firewall switched off, but still no joy. The copy of Actinic on my pc shows no problems - everything there seems to be functioning as it should.

Can you shed any light on this problem - I can't find any reference to this error message and possible causes in the Forums. I am contemplating doing a complete refresh of the website from Web | Refresh Website to see if this fixes the problem, but I am not sure what effect this would have on the orders currently on the server - would a complete refresh destroy them, or would they still be there after the Refresh?

Also, what is the name of the downloading file that Actinic thinks it cannot run? - perhaps I could look on the server via FTP to see if it is actually there, maybe just upload that file via FTP even if it is there ...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

More information from the error.err log file

I have just been looking at the error.err file on the server ...

I notice the very last entry in this file has been created since my last successful orders download, and refers to a 'Permission denied' error trying to open a particular file - what is unusual about this error entry is that it refers to 'HTTP Server=[Secure NsHosts]' whereas all the previous error messages in the file refer to 'HTTP Server=Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.3.1' - does this seem to indicate something has changed on the server?

I have included the last 6 entries from my error.err file as an attachment.

Many thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Posted a suggestion on the original thread.

Best advice - post in one place only otherwise threads end up all over the place.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X