Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to the software

Hi,

im am new to actinic software, and finding it somewhat of a headache.

I am currently redesigning a freinds website, giveing it a FRAME revamp.

Now my idea is to make a site, with an IFRAME in the centre, and menus to control what is displayed.

My question is, how or what is the best way to set the caterlogue to ONLY open in the IFRAME. If it helps the IFRAME name is "browser". I know how to use HTML, but not sure which is the prefered way of makingthis setting. Ive looked through the application and cannot find a hint of IFRAMES.

OR am i going to have to edit each and every html page of the caterlogue to suit the site?

anyone?

Comment

Can you give us a URL of the existing site
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I think that you are possibly getting a bit ahead of yourself. Have you already explored and rejected all the built-in capabilities of Actinic?

There are multiple themes supplied with Actinic (including some framed ones). You can also turn almost any unframed theme into a framed one. And then there are all the colour schemes...

Once you have selected a theme and colour scheme which is close to what you want, you can go further and customise your design as much as you like. As long as you make your changes in the template files, the generated HTML will refect your design.

And by the way, IFRAME is not in HTML 4.0 Strict and might not be supported by all browsers.
        Chris Brown

Comment

Can you give us a URL of the existing site

why???

I think that you are possibly getting a bit ahead of yourself. Have you already explored and rejected all the built-in capabilities of Actinic?

There are multiple themes supplied with Actinic (including some framed ones). You can also turn almost any unframed theme into a framed one. And then there are all the colour schemes...

Once you have selected a theme and colour scheme which is close to what you want, you can go further and customise your design as much as you like. As long as you make your changes in the template files, the generated HTML will refect your design.

And by the way, IFRAME is not in HTML 4.0 Strict and might not be supported by all browsers.
          So what ur saying is desing the entire site in actinic? Using the templates. But edit the templates to suit what my freinds requirements are

Comment

Exactly. This how to get the best out of this market leading product. Until you have really explored all the built-in possibilities you could find that you are reinventing the wheel.

Many developers out there have made designs from scratch but they are the very experienced (and brave) ones. The main site that I am responsible for is based on an Actinic V3 theme but has evolved over the years into a unique design.
            Chris Brown

Comment

You can run a store within a custom frame - which can be an IFRAME. Just pick an unframed theme in 'Design Themes' and all the links open within the current frame.

In Design | Options | Miscellaneous is an option to break the store out of frames once you go through to the checkout - which you will need to do so any golden padlocks indicating SSL are clearly visible to customers.

v6 is much more flexible for you once you start getting into the design more. There are also more documents to help you design your store available to download for v6 so it may be worth thinking about upgrading.

Comment

Working...
              X