question about upload speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about upload speed

It has just taken about 1.5 hours for my site to upload.
    * i understand that it would take quite some time as there are alot of products (over 3 thousand)

is there any way i can reduce this time.

Also - what if i just want to upload 1 page at a time - is it possible to do this.

I'm panicing that the client (now the site is viewable) is going to be asking for changes every minute - and he's going to expect them to happen right a way.

another question

how can i test that the orders are going through without using my credit card details to buy one of my clients really expensive products. Is there a dummy code that we can use to test?

sorry if these questions are dumb - i'm very new to this type of thing

thank you in advance.

1) Don't worry. Actinic is quite clever. Once the inital Refresh upload is done, you subsequently need only do Updates.

This will only upload files that have changed since the prior update or refresh.

2) Sorry. Don't how you'd deal with testing real-world purchases, other than adding a cheapo test product.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes, there are test numbers that can be used for test purchases. Most payment processors also allow you to put their system into test mode so that test orders aren't processed (and sometimes have uniques test numbers to use so check with them first).

Once it's all done though, there's nothing that beats a real live test order to make sure everything is working properly (and finding out how to to a refund too).

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X