Adding items to the basket from another program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding items to the basket from another program

I have an application that sells registration for a conference. I need to be able to create a new security user for each person that registeres for the conference. Each order can have multiple people registering and each registration will be an "item" in the order. I need to be able to determine which "items" need to be in the order and add those items to the shopping cart without making the user select the items from the catalog.

So, in short I need to be able to add items to a shopping cart from an application outside Actinic. Currently I'm coding the rest of the application in ASP, so if I can use that it would be great, but I'm willing to use perl for the coding if that's what I need to do. I'm proficient in each but I'd like not mix the to.

Thanks,
    Nate Baxley

I don't fully understand the scenario here, but one suggestion is to use non-optional components attached to certain items in the store. Thus, once customers order certain items, they will automatically add the registration, as a component, to the shopping cart.

I'm not sure it is possible to add products to the cart without adding it from the store page. This is because Actinic uses the address of the store page to create the session information for the customer's visit.

Comment

Working...
    X