Volume discounts and coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume discounts and coupons

I have two discounts that I need to be able to apply to an order.

1) Give a 20% discount for orders of 4 or more particular items.
    2) Allow users to apply discounts based on a coupon code that the user can enter.

Thanks,
    Nate Baxley

Hi there, just about to rush out the door, are the items you want to discount are they all the same price?

We discount items to encourage people to buy more, our products are the same price and it is quite easy to setup using a hidden product. There was a big discussion about this couple of months ago which will tell you how to do this.

If you can not find the thread let me know I will dig out my notes, but i must go now.

Kind regards mash
    Mash

Comment

Mash, thanks for the quick reply. I think I found the discussion you were talking about, but I need to get some more background on how this hidden item idea works. Do you have any links to good discussions that talk about that? I'll do some searching through the forums to see what I can find. One that I did look for and couldn't find was the buy two/get one free code that you mentioned in the other discussion.

I'm just getting started with Actinic so all of this is new to me. The user manual that came with the product (Catalog) seems a little thin on technical details like tweaking the perl code. Is there some other resource for how best to do this?

Thanks,
      Nate Baxley

Comment

Hi there Nate,

It is all pretty new to me as well, there is Advance User guide which you can download, I have just done that but have not had much time to look at it.

The community is good, most people have tried stuff which you come up against, usual get constructive ideas.

If you do a search on my name you will pull up all the discount stuff that I have been involved with, aldo 'Jo from Mole End' she was a complete star helping to sort my problems out.

The hidden product works with us very well, items are the same price, makes it easier. We did get on the wish list discounting by percentage but unsure how far off that is.

Let me know what you are trying to sell and rules associated with the discount, if I can help I will.

With regards Mash
        Mash

Comment

Jo from Mole End
          [fx: Waves] that's me. Feel free to call if you don't follow the solution.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

My two-pennies/cents worth is that the coupon feature and the discounting on specific items will be included in the next major release.

Comment

when do you expect the next major release to occur?

I'm looking at buying developer now, will I get a free upgrade?

Thanks

Comment

Thus far, major releases have come out roughly every 12 months so you should receive a free upgrade if you buy Developer with the subscription now.

Comment

Working...
                X