Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Gifts

Hi,

I've created a series of Free gifts when customers purchase specific products.

At the moment, when the customer adds the product to the cart, they then also have to add the free gift. Is there anyway that the free gift will just automatically appear in the cart without the customer having to select it?

Thanks

www.aloevera-and-you.com
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Hi Linda,

the best way would be to create a new product group (Vieww | Product Groups) and assign the products you want to be purchased to receive the free gift.

The under View | Discounts select the new product group you have just created and using the Reward set to %Off Extra Product - set discount to 100 and then you can choice the product to be given away at 100 per-cent discount (IE Free)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I am trying to do something similar.

I have set up two product groups

1 - The products I want to be offered for free if the customer spends over £70
      2 - A group which contains all my other products.

Now when I start adding contents to the shopping basket the £70 target is only decremented when I add products from group 1. I would like all products to go towards the £70 limit.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong. I blame it one being a Monday!!!

Thanks
      Neil

Comment

Your discount is applied to Group1 therefore you have to add products from Group1 for the discounts to be applicable - it is working the way you have set it up

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

An alternate option

If a specific product can only have and always has a specific free gift - you could set up the free gift as a zero price component - with component lines showing separately to product lines.

This is possible in catalog where the previous options are only available in business or better

Jane
          Jane

Comment

Thanks for your reply guys. I used Normans javascript based solution to solve my specific problem and it worked a treat.

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Working...
            X