Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From v3 to v6 - Points to Note?

Hi,

I have a client who is currently using version 3 and is now considering the move to v6.

They use their own SSL digital certificate, have one machine controlling the upload of changes and another machine controlling the download of orders.

Just what, if any, tricky situations will be encountered if they wish to make the move to version 6?

Regards,
    Mark.

Also, can I ask if there are any outstanding issues with Version 6?

Comment

One thing to watch out for is any edits you've made to the templates.

I use heavily customised templates and when I upgraded it ended up such a mess that I decided the simplest thing was to start again using the standard templates and redo all my customisation.

I'd also either use V6.0.2 or wait a couple of days for V6.1.1.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Crisell
        Also, can I ask if there are any outstanding issues with Version 6?
        See http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=1242 and also I believe actinicdownloads.com has a list of known issues.

And one I know for definite:
        You cannot import heirarchical import files that use custom properties in the products. Actinic doesn't recognise the ValidCustomProperty command in these files and just complains that the custom property doesn't exist. Actinic know about this error and hopefully it will be fixed in 6.1.2 (or whatever version comes after 6.1.1).

And I concur with the above. You'll most likely have to redo any template customisations from scratch. v3 to v6 is a very troublesome upgrade. The biggest problem is that v3 doesn't have any export functionality, so the only route is an install-upgrade.

Allen

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X