Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing customer information

Hi
    My client wants to be able to use the Login section to let his existing customers know that their discount rates will still apply (they'll be paying via account so I won't need to set different prices for them).

He already has a database of 5000 customer account numbers. Is there a way I can import this database into the Customer accounts section of Actinic to set up accounts for them?

Thanks
    David

Hi David,

So import customer accounts into Actinic, you will need to use an Hierarchical Import. One thing you could do, is to create one customer account in Actinic, and then go to "File | Export", select "Customer Account" only and export it to your desktop

Here you will have a template of how the customer account should be, you would need to translate your customer account database to this format.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Exporting customer accounts from my database

Hello Nadeem,

I did as you said (I exported one customer account to have a template), but I have a problem to translate my customer account database to this format.

Indeed, it seems that sometimes fields delimiters (") are required, sometimes not... Can you give me more information about that?

Thanks,

Mathieu.
      Mathieu Perino
      ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

Problem solved!

the problem was my mistake, sorry.
        Mathieu Perino
        ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

Importing email addresses

Hi Guys

I would apprectate any help you can give me? I have 275 email addresses in a CSV file. I want to import these as new customer records, mapped to the email address, username & password fields.

I can then email these customers to let them know their 'account' is open & they can access their special pricing.

I have had a little tech support on this, but it is way over my head

I have exported a sample customer, so I seem to have some sort of map. How do I get my data into it and reimport it?
          ArtyMiss
          www.artymiss.co.uk
          Card Making & Craft Materials

Comment

Hi Amanda,

I have exported a sample customer, so I seem to have some sort of map. How do I get my data into it and reimport it?
            If you have exported one customer as a sample, then you have a template. You would need to follow the format of the same customer with your own customers.
            Typically people would use Excel have the sample file open, have you own csv open and a new one, so they could copy and paste into the new file, following the structure of a sample customer

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X