Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing price against selection?

Hi,

On some the products on my site the user has a choice of what size to order.

For the selection I'm using radio buttons, which currently appear as follows: -

o Size One
    o Size Two
    o Size Three

What I'd like to do is show the price of the size against the corresponding radio button i.e.: -

o Size One £5.00
    o Size Two £7.50
    o Size Three £10.00

The price for the different sizes is in the Permutations tab for the 'Selection', but is there a NETQUOTEVAR to get to them?

Thanks & Regards,

Andrew

Unfortunately, no. All you can do is manually type the price as part of the choice's Name or HTML for Name. You'll have to keep it in sync with the real value by hand.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

That's unfortunate, to say the least.

Back to the drawing board.

Regards,

Andrew

Comment

Having thought about the look I want to achieve I have an idea, but have a couple of questions.

I could have a sub-section for each product and individual products within the sub section for the different sizes.

Is it possible to show the sub section details followed by the products on the same page, and then repeat this for the next sub section and products?

If so can I limit the amount of sub sections including it's products shown on each page?

Here's what I'd like to show: -
        Product Name

Botanical Name: -- tab --> It's botanical name
        Origin: -- tab --> Country

10ml --tab --> £99.99 --tab --> Qty -- tab --> Add to basket
        25ml --tab --> £99.99 --tab --> Qty -- tab --> Add to basket
        100ml --tab --> £99.99 --tab --> Qty -- tab --> Add to basket

In the above the top part would be taken from the sub section the size's would be products within the sub section.

Also can I take the user straight to the pages showing the sub sections/products once they click on the section the sub sections belong to?

Regards,

Andrew

Comment

I read this three times and still couldn't understand what you're trying to do.

To get the layout you show, all you need to do is create two different product templates.

1. That shows the product name and asociated information.

2. An inline template for each product. Size > Price > Quantity > add to cart.

When I do this I also use a third template that shows a descriptive heading information for the inline product data below it.

I don't understand how all the stuff about sections, sub-sections, etc fits in.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike, hi

I take your point about posting the same query in different places.

I think I understand what you create, is there some where for me to see it in the flesh?

Regards,

Andrew

Comment

Here's an example page:

http://www.firsttackle.co.uk/acatalo...ofilament.html

It doesn't use the 'quantity' on the page, but I think the concept is similar to what your trying to do (see the second product down as an example).

Mike

Comment

That's exaclty what I want, although the layout will be different, but that's not problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Andrew

Comment

To get this to work with the positioning I wanted for this and other layouts, I increased the number of columns in the product tables to 5 instead of the normal 3. This does mean I've had to customise all my product templates but the added flexibility was worth it for me.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Penfold

Here's what I'd like to show: -
                    Product Name

Botanical Name: -- tab --> It's botanical name
                    Origin: -- tab --> Country

10ml --tab --> £99.99 --tab --> Qty -- tab --> Add to basket
                    25ml --tab --> £99.99 --tab --> Qty -- tab --> Add to basket
                    100ml --tab --> £99.99 --tab --> Qty -- tab --> Add to basket

In the above the top part would be taken from the sub section the size's would be products within the sub section.

Also can I take the user straight to the pages showing the sub sections/products once they click on the section the sub sections belong to?

Regards,

Andrew
                    Does this layout look like you want? http://www.treatmentgels.co.uk/acatalog/INDBSM.html

This is a section with two fragments with different layouts, followed by two products.

Anf
                    Anf
                    New Year - new YOU!
                    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Working...
                    X