Duplicate products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate products

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, am trying to sort our some of the stuff you guys suggested before getting a "template overhaul"

If I have a product listed under the manufacturer but also want to list it as a type of product, I copy and paste it as a duplicate, does the stock update when the duplicate is sold or does it have to be done manually?

Thanks Guys.

I am assuming it updates the stock level. My site is full of duplicates, and they seem to inherit price/stock level, etc... I hope I am right!
    Anf
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Originally posted by anf1y
      I am assuming it updates the stock level. My site is full of duplicates, and they seem to inherit price/stock level, etc... I hope I am right!
      Anf
      When I copied and pasted the product then updated the database that Actinic pulls stock levels from only the original updated?

Comment

As long as you copy as duplicate you will be ok.

Stock levels change for all the duplicates as far as I can tell

Comment

Does this work for other settings aswell, or just the stock levels?

Thanks
          Olly

Comment

Just the fields that are greyed out on the duplicate.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Can this be altered to so that all settings are changed when the original is changed?

Comment

Don't know but it would be useful!
                Maybe we should be able to copy as "un-editable" duplicate!
                AT least if we needed to change somehting in the product description, we wouldn't have to go hunting for all the duplicates too! (or maybe an "update ALL duplicates" option in the ORIGINAL product rather than an update option in each duplicate!)
                Tracey

Comment

I've developed a little tool (unsupported) which simply gives you a choice of which product fields you want to replicate updates for.
                  I.e. you can choose which fields (product name, price, full description,image,extended page info, custom properties ,product template) you wish to duplicate or not.
                  It will then copy over the requested fields into all the duplicates for all respective products.

Is this the kind of thing you are after or do you require a more controllable tool?
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

We offer a calibration service on all the products on our site (calibration is more expensive for some products). I was looking for a simple option and thought that i could add the calibration as hidden products and duplicate the relevant one.

Then if calibration prices change only one product needs to be altered.
                    The only problem i have come across so far is that is no way of defining one calibration product form the other.

Any ideas please let me know

Thanks
                    Olly

Comment

Working...
                    X