Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I download my clients orders as his machine is not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I download my clients orders as his machine is not working.

Hi,

I have a client whose machine has decided to play up and he cant download his orders.

Im the designer and I would like to get hold of them somehow, i never ticked the box in actinic to have a copy sent to me so i cant rely on that and when i try and dowload them in FTP it wont let me.

Is there anything I can do to get hold of them?

Please help.

Thanks

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

they're all encrypted, so unless you have a copy of the encryption key (stored in housekeeping > Security) then you won't be able to open them.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Yes I did think that I do have a key but im not sure it matchs the clients version or would it do you know is that possible to have the same key?

I do have another few quick questions if you could be as so kind as to answer it for me please?

The client has decided to install actinic onto his other machine and copy across the site 1 files is it true then that unless he does a site refresh from that machine he wont have a encryption key?

Also if he does do a site refresh will he overwrite the orders which are sat waiting to be dowloaded?

Hope that makes sence

Thanks

Angi
      christopherpiperwines.co.uk
      skatewarehouse.co.uk
      progrow.co.uk
      cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Installing the same version of Actinic with the same license key and copying all of Site1 will nearly duplicate the existing system.

Then just copy / paste (via a textfile) all the info in Housekeeping / Security from one machine to the other and the duplication is complete.

There may be a flag set in the registry that will insist on a refresh before the new system can download orders but you'll have to try it to find out.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X