Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webceo

Hi,

I have subscribed to an affiliate program for SEO optimisation and order tracking. The SEO optimisation is going well but I am having problems with the order tracking, the problem lies with the variables that are needed to track the order and register the purchase. I have used the Actinic variables that I thought were correct but I have gone wrong somewhere because no transactions are showing up.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with WEBCEO or has any ideas about what variables I should use. I have included a copy of the tracking code with the placeholders that need to be filled in red, and I have also included a copy using the variables that I thought should be used. The main problem is with the line that begins 'var ORDER =', this includes all the details needed to register a completed order.

MTIA
    Marcel

------------------------------------------------------------

<!--WEBSITECEO:BEGIN:{764EEF2E-BC11-45CF-8627-300CE1BA2219}-->
    <script language="javascript"><!--
    function hitlens_embedded() {
    var id = 123456; // Your site ID, numeric value -- in your case, it's OK
    var pc = 0; // Page code, numeric value, equals 0 if custom page name is specified in var PAGENAME -- please correct this
    var PAGENAME = escape('Page Name'); // Text
    var CONTENTGROUP = escape('Product-Group '); // Text
    var TRANSACTION = escape('Orders'); // Text
    var TRANSACTION_ID = 123456789; // Numeric -- please correct this, you used text
    var ORDER = escape('Product-Name, Product-Group, quantity, price');
    // ORDER consists of 4 variables:
    // First, Product Name (Sony SDM-S91) - text
    // Second, Product Group (LCD Monitors) - text
    // Third, Quantiy - numeric
    // Fourth, Price - float
    return "id="+id+"&pc="+pc+"&p="+PAGENAME+"&gr="+CONTENTGROUP+"&tr="+TRANSACTION+"&trid="+TRANSACTION_ID+"&ord="+ORDER;
    }
    //--></script>

------------------------------------------------------------

<!--WEBSITECEO:BEGIN:{764EEF2E-BC11-45CF-8627-300CE1BA2219}-->
    <script language="javascript"><!--
    function hitlens_embedded() {
    var id = 123456; // Your site ID, numeric value -- in your case, it's OK
    var pc = 0; // Page code, numeric value, equals 0 if custom page name is specified in var PAGENAME -- please correct this
    var PAGENAME = escape('NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER'); // Text
    var CONTENTGROUP = escape('NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME'); // Text
    var TRANSACTION = escape('Orders'); // Text
    var TRANSACTION_ID = 123456789; // Numeric -- please correct this, you used text
    var ORDER = escape(' NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME,NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME,NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY,NETQUOTEVAR:NUMERICORDERTOTALCGI');
    return "id="+id+"&pc="+pc+"&p="+PAGENAME+"&gr="+CONTENTGROUP+"&tr="+TRANSACTION+"&trid="+TRANSACTION_ID+"&ord="+ORDER;
    }
    //--></script>

Hi there

These are the variables supported with Actinic. See the following variables

NETQUOTEVAR:THEORDERNUMBER - order number (already existed in earlier versions)
    NETQUOTEVAR:FORMATTEDORDERTOTALHTML - the order total formatted in the appropriate currency and encoded for HTML display
    NETQUOTEVAR:FORMATTEDORDERTOTALCGI - the order total formatted in the appropriate currency and encoded for CGI
    NETQUOTEVAR:ACTINICORDERTOTAL - the order total formatted in the Actinic internal format (integer number in currency base unit)
    NETQUOTEVAR:NUMERICORDERTOTALCGI - the order total partially formatted in the appropriate currency and encoded for CGI. This value include decimal and thousand separators, but leaves off the currency symbol.
    Taken from: Advance User Guide v7
    Not really sure what you would put for the other variables, if anyone else knows please feel free to comment to this thread.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Thanks for the reply, but I have previously tried all of the above variables with little or no success. I am currently having a bespoke function created that will sort through the order data and pass it on in the required format.

Thanks for you input.

Marcel

Comment

Hi Marcel,

How did that bespoke function work out for you? I looked at WebCEO, but have not yet subscribed because of this exact issue with Actinic/HitLens.

Doug.
        Developer v7.0.5;
        Dulcie Angel Bridal Accessories
        &
        Medscope Medical Diagnostic Equipment

Comment

Working...
        X