Page Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Titles

I have been trying to figure out how to change the page titles to different from the fragment titles. I am using the template Curves and my home page title appears on the top navigation bar, however I would like the top navigation to be called home, but be able to use a different title for my homepage.
    My shop www.siniwear.com also has a hover error in the Firefox browser-what can be done?

Thanks

Hi there

To do this in version 6, you would need to use custom variables to change the Home Page title. See the following thread by Pinbrook.

For the mouse hover error, edit your "Actinic.css" file. (This can be found in "Advance | Template Manager | Miscellaneous", and click on the "CSS Files".

Find the following line in the a:hover class

Code:
    text-decoration:underline;
    Change it to read
    Code:
    text-decoration:none;
    Update the site and it should work.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Still unclear

Thanks I fixed the mouse hover error. I still don't understand how to use the custom variables to change the home page title and the thread from Pinbrook was not clear to me. Could you please clarify?

Thanks

Comment

Hi there

Sure no problem. Presently there is no way to change the home page title, unless you edit the "Act_BrochurePrimary.html", and change the <title> tags.
        Before i go on, please could you confirm, if i go to your very first page, do you want to change where its says "Welcome to Siniwear"?

Please could you just add on a bit more information to make it clearer.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Yes I would like the welcome to siniwear state Home and still have something like Siniwear-children's waterproofs as my page title. Like it has been done on this website http://www.inkmasters.co.uk

Comment

Hi there,

Try double clicking on the "Home" icon, and you will get a "Page Properties" box. You have an option for "Page Title", simply change this to what you would like it to be.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem,

Has this been disabled in v7? I get the attached error when I try to add to the Home page name.
              Attached Files
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

Not really, what the page title you are trying to put in?

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

I was going to expand the page title to include keywords as recommended by all the SEO tools I've come across to date.

Is my problem related to not using Brochure pages? I have tried several ways to add more text to this title and the box just flat out refuses to allow me to do so.
                  Bill

Comment

If I change the page title under page properties it appears on the top navigation bar. i have changed it now to siniwear-children's waterproofs and you can see on the site what has happened.

Comment

Hi there

@Bill, It seems the field for the page title is only restrict by 20 characters, so you may not be able to change this at all. I believe if you tried to change it in the database, the same error will appear again

@Emilia
                      Undo the changes you made before. he only thing i can suggest then would be to create a new "Act_BrochurePrimary.html" for every instance of different page title.
                      To do this, simply go to the "HOME" icon on the Catalog and double click on it
                      Now select under "Layout", "Actinic Original Brochure Primary Template.", once you selected this, simply click on "Edit".
                      This will bring up "Act_BrochurePrimary.html". Now simply change

HTML Code:
                      <TITLE>NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE</TITLE>
                      to
                      HTML Code:
                      <TITLE>siniwear-children's waterproofs</TITLE>
                      Click on "File | Save As", and save it as "Act_BrochurePrimaryFront.html".
                      Close the file and you should be back to the page properties. Under "Layout", type in here the new brochure page - "Act_BrochurePrimaryFront.html".

Kind Regards
                      Nadeem Rasool
                      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thank you ever so much. I will try this and we shall see what happens.

Comment

Thanks Nadeem - I have been trying to do something with CUSTOMVAR's and getting nowhere at tremendous speed.

Emilia, my apologies for hijacking your thread, but I could not resist when I saw the page title/customvar combination - anyway, see where it got me. Good luck with your changes.
                          Bill

Comment

Thank you Nadeem-It worked wonderfully!

Bill-no worries and good luck!

Comment

@Bill, It seems the field for the page title is only restrict by 20 characters, so you may not be able to change this at all. I believe if you tried to change it in the database, the same error will appear again
                              http://grampianwebwizards.com/acatalog/Actinic.html has more than 20 characters in the page title and it's all generated by Actinic.

Do you mean the page name rather than page title ie this_that_moreofthis.html rather than "Actinic Themes Actinic Templates and Actinic Software"
                              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
                              X