MDAC System error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MDAC System error

System config error message appeared saying i need mdac V2.5. I'm running V2.8 SP1 on XP, yet all help files i've found say not to run higher than V2.5. Why is this and is there a patch i can download so that i can at least open up my program? as it won't let me even start at the moment!!!
    Do Actinic as Novice/hobby just helping out friends!!

www.smallworldproducts.com

I think you will find a copy of MDAC on the actinic installation CD

Comment

tried it but won't let me install a version which predates the one on my computer already. Just comes up with an error message which says that the component is already installed and that the installation process is now ending.

Comment

Still not sorted!!!
        Here are the few things i've tried to get actinic back on line, hopefully i've missed out an obvious one that someone could point out to me.

- gone into data source administrator(ODBC), checked and fixed the ActinicCatalog6 access driver. - NO CHANGE

- Re-installed V6 - NO CHANGE

- Installed Version6 onto my laptop and copied over site 1. - ERROR MESSAGE SAYING MICROSOFT ACCESS LOGIN FAILED, GIVES ME OPTION TO CHOOSE WHICH DATABASE WILL LOAD UP ON BACKUP.MDB BUT WON'T LET ME PREVIEW CATALOG OR TAKE A SNAPSHOT SO DON'T WANT TO DO MORE WORK ON IT IN CASE ITS WASTED.

- Renamed the ActinicCatalog.mdb to old.mdb and renamed Backup.mdb to ActinicCatalog.mdb - STILL SAME ERROR MESSAGE

any more ideas anyone?

Comment

Can you uninstall MDAC from the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs link and then re-install from the Actinic disk?

Do you have a snapshot of the site from before you started trying to fix it - you might need this after the re-install of MDAC.

HTH
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

just had look in add/remove and there isn't a listing for mdac where do i find it?

Comment

Yes, you are right - apparently in XP MDAC is considered an OS component and is no longer listed in add/remove.. thanks BG.

It sounds as though you may be missing Jet components as these are no longer included in MDAC. Thy this link.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;239114
              Bill

Comment

just had look at what version of jet4.0 i have and i already have the latest version so yet again no luck.
                Does anybody know if there is meant to be a msjet40.dll file linked to actinic?

Comment

Hi Matt

- Installed Version6 onto my laptop and copied over site 1. - ERROR MESSAGE SAYING MICROSOFT ACCESS LOGIN FAILED, GIVES ME OPTION TO CHOOSE WHICH DATABASE WILL LOAD UP ON BACKUP.MDB BUT WON'T LET ME PREVIEW CATALOG OR TAKE A SNAPSHOT SO DON'T WANT TO DO MORE WORK ON IT IN CASE ITS WASTED.

- Renamed the ActinicCatalog.mdb to old.mdb and renamed Backup.mdb to ActinicCatalog.mdb - STILL SAME ERROR MESSAGE
                  Well this would tell me that there is an issue on your database. Did you copy over from a cd, if so, did you make sure the files are not read to read only? as Actinic will try to open and make changes to the database. Please could you advise on this

Does anybody know if there is meant to be a msjet40.dll file linked to actinic?
                  Well Actinic needs to link to a msjetxx.dll file. On my one i am linking to msjet35.dll

See the following:
                  :\WINNT\system32\Msjet35.dll: 1050896 bytes 26/04/2000 14:34:48
                  Version: 3.51.3328.0
                  C:\WINNT\system32\Msjint35.dll: 123664 bytes 23/06/1997 09:06:50
                  Version: 3.51.0623.0
                  C:\WINNT\system32\Msjter35.dll: 24848 bytes 23/06/1997 10:06:50
                  Version: 3.51.0623.0
                  Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Finally got it going!!! Many thanks to all who have helped.
                    Required a full uninstall/reinstall of actinic and also mdac 2.6 and jet40.
                    finally copied over site1 and all worked like a dream. Now I can get on and finish the site.

Comment

It's worth clarifying here that Matt did a backup of his Site1 folder to a safe place and copied that back in after the reinstall - this made sure he did not lose any of the work in progress.

cheers,
                      Bill

Comment

1 last clarification. The MDAC 2.6 was on the actinic installation disk in its own folder, and jet40 was also on the actinic disk. Although latest mdac downloads are also available from microsoft at this link:
                        http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/...s/default.aspx

Comment

Working...
                        X