Bug in V7.0.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in V7.0.3?

OK, previous customer called wanting to place an order.
    She has ordered before except is using a different delivery address (second order is a gift) to first order.
    So, I went to "New Order" and entered previous order number. This called up all previous order information.
    I then selected "Different delivery address" (checkbox at top of first page) and proceeded to enter the new details.
    Problem! The "next" box is shaded out and I can't get any further with the order.
    In fact, on checking it now, I can't get any further with the order even using the existing details.
    It'll call up the details onto the screen but the "next" button is shaded out
    Has anyone been able to use this feature? Or is it a known bug?
    Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

Just tested it with my system - not getting the problem. Tried both people who had originally specified different delivery address and those who hadn't; also tried no email, etc. Couldn't make it not work. Sorry!

ps Having said that, the component stock levels you helped me with before has now STOPPED working on my system! Perhaps it's a trade-off? Everybody gets to suffer one bug, just a different one!
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Hi there

Just tried this on a default site and cannot get the error you are experiencing Tracey. Please see if you can recreate this error with a new offline test order created.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

I definitely can't get this to work.
        I click "new order" and then "customer has shopped before"
        I enter the customer's previous order number in the box and click "next" at the bottom.
        It brings up all the customers details in the fields on the next page but I cannot get past that page, the "next" button is shaded out.
        Any ideas?
        Thanks
        Tracey
        Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

This is a strange one, are all the fields filled in, eg Address, Telephone number. Please if possible could you post us a screenshot.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Sussed it!
            The required fields, as laid out on website, odn't correspond with the required fields for offline ordering.
            Customer in question had a 2 line plus postcode address and her middle line has presented itself on the non-required line when I called it up on the offline order, not on the required field (follow me?)
            I have to admit, I don't like the address layout in the offline ordering, it doesn't correspond with the online version and you end up tabbing through fields to leave them empty and then typing more than one address line on a line for the rest.
            Is it editable?
            Tracey
            Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

The required fields, as laid out on website, odn't correspond with the required fields for offline ordering.
              Yes there is a discussion going on regarding this, where both online and offline do not correspond to each other. The reason is that Addressline 4 is regarded as a state for state in offline ordering.
              I'm posting you comments to the developers and see if we can class this as a bug.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks, Nadeem
                Always reassuring to know it's not just me!
                Cheers
                Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

Just to let you know, this has now been confirmed as a bug, which we will fix in a future maintence release.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                    It brings up all the customers details in the fields on the next page but I cannot get past that page, the "next" button is shaded out.
                    I'm having the exact same problem.

Originally posted by Nadeem
                    Hi Tracey

Just to let you know, this has now been confirmed as a bug, which we will fix in a future maintence release.

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem, can you clarify what has been confirmed as a bug. It it the layout discrepancy or is it the shaded out "next" button?
                    Brian
                    www.flowergallery.co.uk
                    Same day flower delivery to UK
                    Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                    International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Hi Brian,

Sure, the bug it down to the layout discrepancy. So what you should see on the online store, should be the same as the offline mode.

Kind Regards
                      Nadeem Rasool
                      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                        I definitely can't get this to work.
                        I click "new order" and then "customer has shopped before"
                        I enter the customer's previous order number in the box and click "next" at the bottom.
                        Any ideas?
                        Thanks
                        Tracey
                        Tracey, I think I've solved this one! All required fields must be completed, ie Name, Address Line 1, City, Postcode & Country, for both customer and (if different) delivery address. When all of these are completed the greyed out "next" button becomes available. I double checked by deleting one field and "next" became greyed out again. Same applies on the order details page, when all required fields are completed "next" is available.
                        Brian
                        www.flowergallery.co.uk
                        Same day flower delivery to UK
                        Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                        International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Working...
                        X