Create a second contact us page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a second contact us page?

I would like to create a second contact us page - like the standard "Email/Contact us page" within the store pages of v7.

See example which is unmodified from out-of-the-box http://www.kjbeckett.com/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM

I do not have great awareness of this area and presume I need to create a html page for the form - but note that it also uses pearl scripts?

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction in "cloning" the example page (in order to add or change a field).
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

I didn't know how to do this either so I put <a href="http://www.kjbeckett.com/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM"
    >contact us</a> in a fragment. I don't know whether you want a DIFFERENT form - the example I've given just forwards you to the existing one, but from the brochure pages...
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Thanks

I sort of did this for my "Out-of-stock" email button - which opens a pop up. I created a custom html sheet and copied and pasted the code from the Act_ContactUs.html page.

This looks good - see example by clicking on the out-of-stock buttonhttp://www.kjbeckett.com/acatalog/co...moncarter.html - but if you key info in incorrectly (e.g. leave a mandatory page blank) the page reverts to the orginal error message page (with left nav and all). I therefore need to create a new error message page also.

I would also like the second contact us page to have different fields.

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Men's Clothing & Accessories
      Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
      Bath, England
      Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

clever. like it! sorry, didn't mean to teach you - you're better than I am!
        Anf
        New Year - new YOU!
        (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Hi there

It may be easier for the other contact us page to use another formmail script instead of Actinic.

the page reverts to the orginal error message page (with left nav and all). I therefore need to create a new error message page also.
          This is down to the Mailform.pl script reverting back to the original template. You may need to edit this which is quite tricky, hence the reason to use another script.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

You can have as many "forms" as you like. I set them up for tell a friend, competitions,affiliate sign ups, additional contact us .. all sorts. I tend to use a PHP script because I like the control I have over it but that depends on your server..
            Jenny
            Hanson Web Design
            www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
            jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
            Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Working...
            X