Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subsections in the left menu

Hi everybody,

My database beeing quite huge, I have divided my site in many sections and subsections.

Everything's all right except that the left menu has become far too long!
    (http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial15697/)

Is there a way to remove the subsections from the left menu?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mathieu
    Mathieu Perino
    ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Open Act_Primary.html template and look for the Javascript function "Yahoo section" at the top of the page ..... this is basically in 2 parts with the second part relating to the child or subsections - remove the lines relating to that (and associated brackets) to leave just the parent sections

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I've done a replacement for the left sidebar YahooSections code that replaces them with a dynamic display of just the top level list just one sub-section list opened whenever one of the top-level ones is clicked.

Click another top-level and any expanded menu disappears to be replaced by the new set of sub-levels.

The result is that you only see the top set and one sub-level at any time, leading to a much tidier sidebar.

I haven't put this on my Donationware pages (due to too much abuse of them) but can send you a copy to try out if you're interested.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

yahoo! it works!

first, thank you Jont for your help!

Concerning Norman's dynamic menu, it seems interesting... you can send me a copy to try at mathieu.perino@ictl.com.

Thanks,

Mathieu
        Mathieu Perino
        ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

There's a live site using the expanding menu on http://www.chandleryworld.co.uk/

Comment

expanding menu

Norman hasn't mentioned the formatting possibilites of his [excellent!] expanding menu. On the chandleryworld.co.uk site we've left the formatting as per the defaults.

Within the program there are options to format:
            - the table containing the entire menu
            - the table containing a sub menu
            - top-level with sub-sections when collapsed
            - top-level with sub-sections when expanded
            - top-level with no sub-sections
            - sub-level with sub-sections
            - sub-level with no sub-sections

Forgot ....
            - you can alter the spacing between between items
            - and change the sub-level indentation

Regards,
            Sharon
            www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
            www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
            www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

interesting!

Thanks for your comments, I think I'm gonna use that menu!

Regards,

Mathieu.
              Mathieu Perino
              ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

Hi. I ve got the same problem as matperino so would be greatly interested in Norman's
                expanding menu but you don't make it clear whether i need to receive a a copy direct from you or can i get it from the chandlery world site?

Advance thanx

Ed

Comment

Hello Ed

You get the expanding menu from Norman.

The Chandlery World website that Norman referred to, is a live site using the menu so you can see it in action and decide whether it is what you are looking for.

As per previous post we [chandlery world] are just using the default set up. There are many other formatting options that come with the program that we will probably use in due course.

BTW, chandleryworld also uses Norman's sibling menu program [underneath the breadcrumbs in the catalogue]. Again, we haven't [yet] explored the formatting possibilites included with this program.

Regards,
                  Sharon
                  www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
                  www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
                  www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

We've installed the menu at www.flooringsales.co.uk/index.html

it works really well

Comment

Hi,
                      I am currently working on a site with a side bar as well however what I am using just now has one or two limitations and I was wondering if there was a way of doing it with something that was maybe built in to actinic. The current test site is here Any help in this matter would be very grateful.

Cheers,
                      O.

Comment

Look at www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff where I've written NorTree and NorCascade, both dynamic menus that integrate into Actinic's automatically generated section structure.

They both come with configuration programs that allow you to set up the assorted paramters without tinkering with JavaScript code.

Comment

Funny you should say that, I have just found your site Thanks for getting back to me, I was using Sothink DTMLmenu and trying to work out how to make the links and everything was doing my head in!

Thanks again!

O.

P.S Does this replace the YahooSections script??

Comment

Hi I am new to these forums (fora?) and also rather pedantic.

Is the sidebar menu used at Chandlery World donationware or freeware?

It looks like just what I need for my new site (old site is at www.anti-gravity.co.uk).

If it is freeware, could I please have a copy. Unfortunately , I am building the new site on a real shoestring budget so I am on the scrounge. but I don't want to tread on any toes or abuse anyone else's work.
                            The Yo-yo Monster

Love. Peace & Jellybabies.

Comment

also rather pedantic
                              Hi and welcome to the forum, your quote made me laugh so I thought I'd reply.

The menu in use on bridgehousechandlery is to be paid for. We have a forum member Norman who writes alot of excellent add ons for Actinic. In the past he has had them as donationware, but the problem is that no-one donates. So he has now decided to charge.

He doesn't charge a fortune, so you may choose to email him.

Or take a look at his website www.drillpine.biz

there is a similar menu (Yahoo style menu) built into actinic. You will just need to read the advanced user guide to get instruction how to utilise it.

Advanced menu can be downloaded from the download page on the actinic site

Comment

Working...
                              X