Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Quantity?

Hi,

I'd like to set the default quantity on my site to 0. I've read Changing the Default Quantity on the Product Page from the advanced user guide and tried the following: -

Code:
    <input type="text" size="3" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="0">
    It's displayed fine on the page showing the product but if I enter 1 and add it to the cart I get an error message: -

Quantity: The quantity must be a whole number between 1 and 32767.

If however I use the following code: -

Code:
    <input type="text" size="3" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="CUSTOMVAR:QUANTITY">
    Give the product a 'Quantity' value of 0 and then view the product, change the quantity to 1 and add to cart it's fine.

Does this mean that for every product I have to set the default quantity, or is there a way to globaly set it to 0?

Thanks & Regards,

Andrew

If you want to go with the above CUSTOMVAR add it to the site defaults at Design | Options | Site Defaults and add a global value to your CUSTOMVAR

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Many thanks for your reply.

I've made the change you suggested and it works fine, with one exception...

I have a section which shows duplicate products. When this page is viewed the value of 0 is shown in the quantity field, as expected, however if I then change the value to 1 and add to cart I get the error:-

Quantity: The quantity must be a whole number between 1 and 32767.

Thanks & Regards,

Andrew

Comment

There's a bug in V7 (I've nagged Actinic about it) where NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE fails on duplicates.

Try this instead:

Go back to the original NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY in your Product Templates and try changing Design / Text / Phase -1, ID 2173 from
        Code:
        %s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="4" VALUE="%d">
        to
        Code:
        %s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="4" VALUE="0">
        This will be a global change.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X