Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Shop Failure Arrgghhh

Hey All,

I'm having a serious Actinic problem and desperately need some help.

When ever a customers goes to place an order all goes swimmingly up until the payment details page needs to be loaded the the following error shows up:

An error occurred while creating the order number lock file (../docs/acatalog/OrderLock.num). The error was Permission denied. Actinic ecommerce can not create a unique order number and can not continue. Please contact us directly with your order.

When my client goes to download the orders in Order Manager she then gets this error message:

Recommendation:
    Abort
    Resolution:
    Check the permissions of the web site.
    The files and directories need to be readable
    and writable by the web server
    Run the Web | Configure Web Site Details command to
    verify your setup

Command: retrieve Filename:

Can anybody help?... please....

This will probably help

here

Comment

Thanks you, that's great i've managed to solve the issue of people not being able to place any orders but my Client still gets the error when trying to download them, any ideas?

Thanks again.

Comment

You might find that the existing order files were written with the wrong permissions. You could try selecting each one and changing the permissions to see if they can then be downloaded. I'm not sure what they should be, try 755 first and that doesn't work try 777.

Mike

PS. You should also check the permissions set for your server directories. They should be set to 755 for actinic to work correctly.
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks, i'll give that a go. Do you know why this might have happened? The site has been working perfectly up until now.

Comment

Hi

my Client still gets the error when trying to download them, any ideas?
            This is probably to do with the ownership of the files created by the perl scripts as per the kb article that Pinbrook posted. Once they are set correctly then it all should work ok. You will need to get your host to do this change.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X